KTM450

Psychosis

#11 Post by Psychosis »

Not a big deal Pete. It is the lightest so far as its wet acclaimed wet is equal to the competitions' dry weights. As for the fastest: it would depend on how you set it up. Once dialed in it rips and honestly I would not want to race the 525. It's so snappy and powerful that it'll just get away from you. And this one actually is ready to race minus nerfs for the most part. I'd put some new tires/rims on it too as well as a stabilizer but that's about it. It has more than enough power w/stock exhaust even.

The thing hauls or both I should say. KTM did an amazing job. When I tested the Kawasaki it clearly had an even powerplant and better handling then most stock quads. The KTM's just seem like a whole world better over that Kaw though. The handling is pretty well the same but a little better on the track w/less bumpsteer, but there's just so much more power on tap, much better suspension, etc. Just wait for a few of the videos. I cased a double and didn't even regret it on the shocks. And all the Magura parts like the hydraulic clutch, brake which are 4-piston design on the fronts, and even the bars are all top rate. Great ergonomics and no painful knees from leaning hard.

peterock

#12 Post by peterock »

I know the guys that were doing the hybrids a couple years back with the KTM's really liked them. I think the biggest problem they had then was overheating. I'm personally looking forward to a review of what ever quad comes out with the v-twin aprilla 450. KTM is good and they will probably sell everyone quad they make, especially with doing the limited run. You are going to see people snatch them up and then 5-10 years from now you are going to see them on ebay and such with the dealer tags still on them.

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

I am supposed to get the 525 from our local dealer. May ride it, then again may sit it in the corner for Pete in a few years. LOL

sillysspeed

#14 Post by sillysspeed »

I saw 4 of them sitting outside the KTM dealer today in queenstown md

Psychosis

#15 Post by Psychosis »

Sorry on the wait but was told to wait this time. The story should be on ATVSource.com soon. I had internet problems and had trouble getting online. Been using phone for the last week so can't example upload an article that way.

Here's a barrage of pics though to give an idea. Sorry about them being larger but they're linked over. Let me know if they don't work for anyone. A couple cool ones. The third photo has me on only one of the back tires pulling a wheelie. Very easy to control.

Psychosis

#16 Post by Psychosis »

Psychosis

#17 Post by Psychosis »

Here's a video on YouTube as well. There's two others under my account as well and more to come. Kind of cheap quality and just quick shots but cool nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0BBMavL5q0

UpsMan

#18 Post by UpsMan »

Nice!

cool_dude_dotcom

#19 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

How much does the 525 cost? any body know

cobradaler

#20 Post by cobradaler »

QUOTE (cool_dude_dotcom @ Sep 16 2007, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much does the 525 cost? any body know

dealer here in wichita said that the 525 is 9899.00 but thats here in ks.