New ATK Plastics

wayneschofield

#11 Post by wayneschofield »

I do like the smoke silver myself.... I would love a set from an FX.....

How flexible is the fullbore plastic? Will it survive a bit of a tumble?

Can the Oil/Water levels be got to with the front end in place?

How costly are replacements?

What lighting is available?

peterock

#12 Post by peterock »

I can projected answers to some of those questions.

Plastics will need to come off to check oil/air filter and such. But you should see a quick release fastener to aid in the removal of the plastic.

Stem mounted headlights. (trail tech style i'm thinking)

pricing should be similar as it would be to buy plastic from any other manufacturer.

And Wayne, fullbore plastics hold up very well.

thedeatons

#13 Post by thedeatons »

yuck... Please get ATK to do something right the first time and go with something else... there is nothing wrong with our current design, and noone buys the **** things anyway...

peterock

#14 Post by peterock »

Different style of plastics is probably one of the most heard about things with these quads. Fullbore is a top of the line company. That would be like saying they were screwing up by using Fox Evols on the front.

Psychosis

#15 Post by Psychosis »

Honestly as a racer I don't care what the plastics look like, though most do. My major complaint has always been the knee area on the stock Dale setup. When I put my 250R kit on that problem was fixed and no more hurt or bruised up knees after races. I don't know if the Fullbores fix that or not, but I would buy them w/out hesitating if they did. I've ran 250R plastics on mine for the last 3 seasons anyway, so mine already looks similar, lol.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Fullbores do help the knee issue alot.

wright

#17 Post by wright »

What about those air scoopes for the radiator, do those come with the plastic or is that something extra, theres one ebay with that set up but its blue and it looks good in that color also, along with the scoopes.

peterock

#18 Post by peterock »

scoops come with.

Nickc711

#19 Post by Nickc711 »

I got excited when i saw the topic title...but when i saw the fullbore plastics my heart sank...I understand how expensive to make "new" plastics though...i have mixed feelings

theJeStEr1340

#20 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I dislike the yellow, Silver would be awesome though.