Dale Vs Predator

Nickc711

#1 Post by Nickc711 »

My friend's sister's boyfriend has a predator 500 and swears up and down it will smoke my dale(but everytime i go ridin he runns off)....I said top speed mabey b/c i have 13 42 gear setup but not in acceleration....and when i up the displacement to 450 he will really have to run!

basically all i want to know if i should really put effort into this race..or of getting him to race.. dry.gif (he is a novice also..he thinks b/c 500 is bigger than 440 he could dominate me)

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Back in the old days of 2003 I raced a predator with my stock speed with the toaster exhaust. It was almost a dead even match up with the Speed just barely able to crawl away from the predator on top speed . I dont know what mods you have or how much more advanced the predators have become but I seriously doubt the margins have changed all that much. If you practice your holeshots you should do fine.

Sand_Blaster

#3 Post by Sand_Blaster »

You shouldn't have a problem. My dads stroked Dale can smoke my Banshee like it was a Blaster, but my Banshee beats piped preds. Not by much.. but enough lol smile.gif

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Just find some tight trails and give him a head start. When he's wedged in between 2 trees and you pass him doing 40 mph, he'll never say another word.

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

I ran a piped Pred a couple times- had no problem with it. I'm not saying they all run the same, though. Maybe his jetting was way off. Anyway, I pulled him bottom to top. We repeated to make sure it wasn't a fluke- same results.

I hate idiots. He probably thinks his Nissan Sentra will go 180mph because that's what the speedo goes up to.

I think you need to hunt him down. But don't go in all cocky- just say you want to see. Jess hit reality on the head- drag racing doesn't mean a thing if you're a trail rider.

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (wistech @ Oct 26 2007, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Back in the old days of 2003 I raced a predator with my stock speed with the toaster exhaust. It was almost a dead even match up with the Speed just barely able to crawl away from the predator on top speed . I dont know what mods you have or how much more advanced the predators have become but I seriously doubt the margins have changed all that much. If you practice your holeshots you should do fine.

Did the PRED have a stock exhaust?

I only ran the stock exhaust on my Speed for a short time, then switched to HMF. I switched between the stock can and HMF can quite a few times. Even with the stock can on my Speed I haven't had any problems with other quads that were still running stock exhaust.

I don't believe the HMF pipe could make much differance with the stock can

Nickc711

#7 Post by Nickc711 »

i have a hmf pipe currently thats it.....thinking about a 2.2 stroker.... sand blaster what is your dads dale stroked to....also i like jesshamner's suggestion. laugh.gif

Sand_Blaster

#8 Post by Sand_Blaster »

My dads is a 2mm stroke which is bumped to a 447cc , one of Timbo's vary first strokers to go public tongue.gif

yamadjs08

#9 Post by yamadjs08 »

I rode with a 2005 Predator for almost a year every other weekend and I will say that you shouldn't have a problem beating him. I was piped with a moto/speed map and I would wax him every time no matter what... Race him and find out, you'll see...

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

Didn't mention that mine was stock with an HMF and Blaze map.