Hate To Say It

Psychosis

Hate To Say It

#1 Post by Psychosis »

I hate to say it but I may no longer be a C'DaleRider for long. Since my Cannibal's been down since mid May and the part has still not gotten in for me to ride it, it looks like I'll be going back to what I had before. I just got a YZ250F bike and have found someone willing to trade a 2003 CR250 bike along w/an extra $1k to me for it which I find a good deal considering their sale prices currently. The guy knows what's wrong w/the Cannibal and said no problem which takes a huge weight off my shoulders. I really do hate to do it b/c it was such a great machine but w/practically no time on it and it's been down the entire summer so I've lost faith. And the parts issue has became huge now as well as reliability. I don't really want to risk all of this.

I'll stay around here if I do go through w/it, if I ever can, but I figured I'd rejoin the MX scene and then wait for the new Honda next year before rejoining the sportquads. I will say you guys are probably part of the best group of owners I've ever seen but it's just gotten over my head these days. Thanks for helping me out a lot early on and good luck w/the Dales though.

cannibalq8

#2 Post by cannibalq8 »

be patient........man
dont leave us

i didnt ride my dale since may also. (in june my engine was blow then i send it to southbaymoto and i complete 2 months now. next week my engine will be back TO SMOKE THOSE YAMAHA's again.

hmmmmmm...... my dealer have many many parts here in kuwait. parts still available here. (we r just 2 or 3 dale here in kuwait) maybe i can send u parts that need.
e-mail me at; cannibalq8@yahoo.com
tell me what's parts exactly u need EXACTLY

im waiting 4 ur e-mail

CowsBitePeople

#3 Post by CowsBitePeople »

Ill trade you a 400ex lol

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Ah, no. :cool: I'm strill deciding but I've got back into Bike MX and am still weighing my options. I figured I'd get it back and try it out at a few local races if they're not all over before I do and then make my decision. My main concern though is the parts. If I can't get a bearing for it for months then what happens if say something melts or goes out? It just kind of bums me that I tried to get a Dale since I first heard about them back in like 2000 and got one and haven't been able to ride it hardly at all. Atleast the dealer situation isn't too bad though. When I took it to the Quadshop I stayed the weekend at a family members' house and will be again whenever I pick it up.

I just started to lose faith in it after I had to miss more than a dozen races I planned on attending. I still went to each one and got a pit pass to each and would talk w/pretty much every guy there. Everyone I talked to was amazed when I told them what I had. Even guys on 426's and CRF's. It just comes back down to the parts in the long run. I'd like to stick around but if it goes down again after I get it back, it's as good as gone.

drbowtie

#5 Post by drbowtie »

Ah, have you spoke with South bay? I'm not confident that the part you need is unavailable. Also, it's a bearing right? There are multiple manufacturers in the U.S. whom would be more than capable of remanufacturing you a custom bearing.

Dale512

#6 Post by Dale512 »

What part is it that you need?

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by Dale512
What part is it that you need?

One way bearing on the starter shaft.

It's been sitting at the QuadShop for 2 months and down for over 2 1/2 months total. Maz was trying to get ahold of the part but haven't heard from him in awhile and he evidently hasn't been able to find it.