new cannondale owner

mikecancu812

#1 Post by mikecancu812 »

Just purchased 2002 C'dale Speed. Has {well he said it did, don't know yet} all the updates. Quad looks pretty clean. Picking it up on Wednesday. Wish me luck.

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

Welcome to the club. Where are you located?

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Best thing to do is what jenkins said and post your location. Find some locals or close natives and you can be helped out better incase something arises. A lot of good people here and a fraction of the bullshit you'll find on other forums.

Nickc711

#4 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (mikecancu812 @ Nov 2 2007, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just purchased 2002 C'dale Speed. Has {well he said it did, don't know yet} all the updates. Quad looks pretty clean. Picking it up on Wednesday. Wish me luck.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....wait if i remeber correctly thats what i was told....and the only update their was ....was the one he had a slip for...the stud update..nothing else dry.gif

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

"all the updates " in general is turning out to mean no updates . If they cannot list EXACTLY what was done with referances that you can check then assume the worst and give then half of what they want. This is a small community and we know everbody.

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

[quote name='wistech' date='Nov 2 2007, 08:12 PM' post='179734']
"all the updates " in general is turning out to mean no updates . If they cannot list EXACTLY what was done with referances that you can check then assume the worst and give then half of what they want.

sadly true

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

And I think a few of us have found that out ourselves in the past. Me being one person. ****, even ATK lied to me about an "update". Anyone remember me saying I sent ATK a Z bearing back in 05 when they were redoing my blown up ATK engine? Tim tore it apart and guess what? No Z bearing. So that's an example there too. But most people here are pretty trustworthy and worth dealing with.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes sadly its true.There are some real snakes.Thankfully the really good honest people here will go out of there way to help you figure out the truth.No worries just ask.ATK has some work to do for sure to improve thier reputation but we are a open minded group willing to go out of our way to work with anyone to a point.In my opinion for motor work Timbomoose our site owner is the absolute best but there many members and sponsors that if they told me they built motor of quad I bought I would hop on start it up and ride,ride,ride without a worry.

mikecancu812

#9 Post by mikecancu812 »

Says it has z-400 crank, asso piston and sleeve, flanged bolts in crank and trans plates, new decompression mechanism, oil line update, new oil pumps, new timing chain tensioner/chain, new clutch. And he says he has all the receipts. I know there are alot of shady people out there but so far this guy seems pretty cool. But we shall see. I live in Ellwood City PA

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

If he can prove it sounds like you are set.Nice find.