Please HELP

Fash00

#1 Post by Fash00 »

QUAD WONT START IT JUST DIED ON ME AND WONT START READ AHEAD

My motor is a timbo ported head,new cams,new stock asso piston,450 stroker crank,new flywheel,new wiring harness,new starter,caniboomer air setup,new fuel pump,everything is NEW.Rooster came down and helped me finish putting it together he broke it in with the heat up cool down cycles like your supposed to.Ran great.Rode it for one full day on our mini moto-x track no problems,rode through some rocky trails for another whole day no problems other then flat but thats beside the point.Was never hard to start or anything.Got the axle and sprockets from you put them on and went out to ride today.Let it warm up made 2 or 3 laps around the track,came off a table top and it died.Will crank but doesnt hit.Immediately thought spun the flywheel so i pulled the nut and checked and the little keyway or whatever is lined up with the C so im like WTF.Pull the plug and its a little black but its COVERED in oil.Clean it off and blow it with the sparkplug out.Still nothing.Tried to start it numerous times now and it cranks but doesnt hit it has halfass backfired twice but im stumped.Any ideas?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds like a valve may have broke.Have you done a compression check?

speed 450mx

#3 Post by speed 450mx »

Start by putting a new plug in and try that first. Are you sure thats its oil on the plug or is it running to rich?

Fash00

#4 Post by Fash00 »

Im positive it was oil. Ill do compression check ASAP what should the gauge read when i do it? And is there a special way to do it because of the decomp?

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Wide open throttle crank over about 3 or 4 times should be 80min-120max Psi.If decomp is broke it will be around 220 and probably will fry wires when turning it over.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

You know if its still turning over its very unlikely a valve dropped.Sorry.I would follow 450x's advice also just cause c is lined up doesnt mean the flyweel keyway could be sheared.

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

Surprised steve hasn't said to check those pesky bullet connectors...............check those as well.

Fash00

#8 Post by Fash00 »

Didnt work on it today should get to do compression test tommorrow and ill try a new plug.Honestly i think its the flywheel.This is the same **** it did when i first put motor back in and couldnt figure it out and took it to nrath. I came off a small table top and it died and wouldnt start.