Transmission Oil

wright

#1 Post by wright »

If im runing Redline Shock Proof oil and want to switch to regular 10-40 synthic do you think that it will hurt to switch over just buy draning the old oil and then just refilling with the 10-40? or should it be taken appart and cleaned out first? or just stick with the Red Line? Thanks

xtremesj

#2 Post by xtremesj »

QUOTE (wright @ Nov 16 2007, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If im runing Redline Shock Proof oil and want to switch to regular 10-40 synthic do you think that it will hurt to switch over just buy draning the old oil and then just refilling with the 10-40? or should it be taken appart and cleaned out first? or just stick with the Red Line? Thanks

I would stick with the Redline oil. If you need some I can get it..I have had no problems with it.
Steve

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

It should all be compatible and mix... it will just come out a little blue the frist couple of changes.
Why switch? Is it the price... Jegs has the best price for it for about 8/qt with free shipping if you buy a dozen.
There are only a couple of people on here that are out for ultimate hp and spin their motors to the moon are not fans of it.. and you know who you are! Engine torture master bottle squeezing freaks you are.

wright

#4 Post by wright »

no i can drive about 5 miles to Summit Racing from where i work but its in the wrong direction from when i go home, so i just thought about putting the same thing in that i run in the motor, Amsoil 10-40, as for price its the same for each around 9 bucks a qrt., even thought about Amsoil gear oil, might give it a try?

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

Don't worry about it. I used it and changed back to amsoil with no extra flushing or anything. No problems.

wright

#6 Post by wright »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Nov 17 2007, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry about it. I used it and changed back to amsoil with no extra flushing or anything. No problems.

Do you use the same oil that you put in the motor or do you use there gear oil?

rayspeed

#7 Post by rayspeed »

The unfortunate thing about running the same kind of oil is that if you engine stars transfering from one side to the the other you might not know about as soon or until it is too late. Alot of things can go awry and make that happen, "O"rings can go bad, cart plates can come loose etc. With the redline you know right away what is going where really quick if you check your oil before every ride.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (wright @ Nov 17 2007, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you use the same oil that you put in the motor or do you use there gear oil?

I use the same.