Arizona Area Callout

Psychosis

#1 Post by Psychosis »

Alright, getting the quads together and trying to finish everything. Originally planned to be done but had a few holdups. Ok, the 450 is getting done but here's the problem. I forgot to update the D&M program w/Optimum so it's out of date. I know there was a topic on it awhile back so could use some help there to get that working.

Problem #2: My laptop is DOA now so have no way to actually tune it other than loading the ecu map and then putting it in the quad outside or something which would be a pain in the *** to tune.

Problem #3: I live at an apartment and cannot ride around much or get the thing very well tuned to the basics. I plan to go to a Dyno but can't get in for another week and would like to race on Sunday if possible.

So basically trying to find somebody near Phoenix who might be able to help me out here. Will throw in whatever it takes in parts, cash, beer, pizza, whatever, to get some assistance. I only have nights from 5-6pm till late and all day Saturday to prepare. The main problem is being able to tune the thing. No laptop, outdated program, and nowhere to do it is where I'm worried. I had a bunch of you guys' numbers around Phoenix but phone broke and lost them all.

I'd really like to go to that 6hr at Glen Helen and represent here in Ironman. I've won a 6hr and 12hr Ironman enduro in the past and as long as the quad doesn't break, have no fear on the conditioning to put up a good showing. So any ideas or anyone interested/

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Call Scooter about the program. I'll see if I can find the thread with the updated .exe but I'm not sure if that will fix your problem. There was a problem with the .exe for a while but some of the activations expired a while back too.

EDIT: Here you go!

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...&hl=expired

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/tech/index.shtml

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

If its just expired all you have to do is backdate your PC for time being.Psychosis what motor and pipe,intake etc. Do you have?Dont forget if we can get you a map close enough there is 3 ATK's at race.I am sure one of them will have a Cannondale D&M or a ATK ecu and thier stupid D&M to help you out.

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Thanks guys!

It's a 450 w/CP piston, Tim's latest porting, new stock cams/valves/etc, most likely a trinity pipe or HMF which are pretty close, Cyclone intake, stock crank. I took half a day off today to get to work. Ran into a few problems so still working things out.

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Last time we ran one of these with Tim's base map and didn't take it to the dyno first it shat itself within 8 hours. I am not kidding. Overfueled, causing piston ring wash-out, and total piston destruction. The overfueling also assisted in ruining a crank bearing. Cdsracer has a theory on why that I am sure he will share. I would NOT do it. We have lost three engines in our group over the past couple years because of not dynoing them first, and they crapped out FAST. I have the exact same setup with an FMF ti, I might be able to get you my map, but once again, I still would not do it.

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

Wow. I've never went and dyno tuned a quad and gotten seasons at a time out of them. My ATK engine looked brand new after a ton of races on it when I opened it though it wasn't a high power engine. Just the 450 kit. My stroker though went through easily over 300hrs before teardown and still looked pretty good minus cams/cam chain/valves which was expected. Guess it was just luck but who knows.

I'll definately have to think about that deatons. Thanks for saying something b/c I hadn't heard anything like that.

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

Well nevermind on the race. ASR never got back to me so no a-arm bushings and haven't been able to track down any. Also have ran into a few snags in putting it together. No to mention what deatons said about the engine and the fact of no tune time and no time to setup the suspension which is FoX Evols that definately would need time to adjust. So I can't justify making the trek to hope that I can maybe get what I need there or something.

So sorry guys, no representing the community this weekend. Another week or so and I'd be able to have everything ready though. Anyone interested in hooking up for somekind of 6 or 12hr race in the future. Been dying to and now I can get any time I want off since I now work for myself which is what stopped me before. I know there's always a few C'Dale teams trying but more couldn't hurt. I want to get into planning well in advance to do a proper showin in the future.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Timbo is sending you map.

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Thanks 27. I've been meaning to get ahold of Tim b/c he sent some of my parts but the 505 stuff hasn't came yet. AND the big part. He still hasn't told me how much I owe him! I appreciate him sending first but I feel bad and been meaning to find out what I owe to get it to him. Phone problems at the moment though and he's rarely on here. Will eventually get ahold of him though when I can.

Either way tomorrow's out of the question though. The quad is going together and mostly ready but the upper a-arms aren't mounted b/c of lack of bushings, among other things. So too bad but it'll eb running soon I hope.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Dec 6 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last time we ran one of these with Tim's base map and didn't take it to the dyno first it shat itself within 8 hours. I am not kidding. Overfueled, causing piston ring wash-out, and total piston destruction. The overfueling also assisted in ruining a crank bearing. Cdsracer has a theory on why that I am sure he will share. I would NOT do it. We have lost three engines in our group over the past couple years because of not dynoing them first, and they crapped out FAST. I have the exact same setup with an FMF ti, I might be able to get you my map, but once again, I still would not do it.

You know you should be more specific when you make claims like this.Every map I have gotten in past two years has actually been very close.Dyno is not absolutly necessary.I recommend it especially if looking for best performance.If you had issues you did something wrong.