2002 GMC Yukon Problems

USAMoto00

#11 Post by USAMoto00 »

It is the distributor cap/ points thingy. lol Just had the same problem with my 2000 Denali and that was it. It had a missfire on plug#7 and felt like a c-dale with a out of balance crank! Those caps get moisture in them and it corrodes the little pins and then crap! I guess this is an ongoing problem. Something about the little stone looking filter in them. Hope this helps you.

jwheat

#12 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Dec 12 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it just me or have you not been on here in a while? Where have you been???

I get on here almost everyday, I just have been posting much lately. I've been busy but I still try and check in and read the new post and delete the junk spam posts. Maybe things will settle down soon and I can participate more.

Brian......his doesn't have a cap and "points thingy." biggrin.gif It has 8 individual coils with short wires and platinum plugs.

USAMoto00

#13 Post by USAMoto00 »

QUOTE (jwheat @ Dec 12 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get on here almost everyday, I just have been posting much lately. I've been busy but I still try and check in and read the new post and delete the junk spam posts. Maybe things will settle down soon and I can participate more.
Brian......his doesn't have a cap and "points thingy." biggrin.gif It has 8 individual coils with short wires and platinum plugs.

It was the silver "cap" at the backside of the motor where the plug wires plugged into. I think the 2000 was the last year for the 350 so maybe his is a different style? I just know where they traced my problem too and thought that it may help...lol...ball buster

ABM-CANNIBAL

#14 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Thank you guys so much for your help. This weekend I am going to switch around coils and also look at #6 injector and see if I can get a different cylinder misfire. If that don't work then it is off to a dealer. This is the 5.3 and I did check for the intake leak. My boss has a 2003 and his has the leaky intake gasket. I will also check the EGR valve for being stuck open. Again, thank you guys and I will let you know how things go on Monday.

quadracer500

#15 Post by quadracer500 »

i am a gm dealer tech. the intake gasket leak on the 5.3 usually causes the problem only when cold and never causes it to be rich , only lean , when the pressure regulator is bad it causes a hard start but then runs ok when clears out ,when the egr sticks open all cylnders will be lean not just one cylnder .
to start with you need a spark tester put it in the plug wire and clip it to a ground start the vehicle and see if you have spark, or you can swap the coils . there was a problem with bank number two running rich from a damaged upstream 02 sensor that gets water in it will cause the entire right bank to run rich , sounds somewhat you are describing.
to check for a leaking injector you can install a pressure gauge pressurize the system shut down the truck and see
if it holds pressure for at least ten min.
feel free to p.m. if you have any questions
rich

as far as the dexcool problem the intake on the gen four engine is dry no coolant in it. only the throttle body, i would put my money on the oxygen sensor problem.

MyCannibal

#16 Post by MyCannibal »

02 sensor...

ABM-CANNIBAL

#17 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

Got it fixed! Went to Autozone to get a O2 sensor and when I went to install it I notised the connector was wrong. Took it back and they gave me a different one. Looked the same but only would plug in if I reversed the way it plugs in. Took it back and got my money back. Called up a old family friend that is a mechanic and found out it was a injector that went bad. He replaced it and it runs perfect now. Only costed me $95 for the injector which is a GMC factory part and $100 labor. Thank you guys so much for your help and info.