I am a happy old man that has presents for everyone!

Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

I hear yah...I am half asleep right now and will soon have too much alchohol in me to make sense. I'll post back with some info tomorrow when I get a chance.

peterock

#12 Post by peterock »

When the software changes the picture size, it is not changing the original downloaded picture size. Still using the same amount of space. Software just makes it more friendly for people to view the thread.

Sand_Blaster

#13 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Glad yah brought this up. If anyone remembers my " post your mx dales " every one of those pictures are gone. sad.gif

jesshamner

#14 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (wistech @ Dec 31 2007, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a good idea. It seems like the software starts downloading the image in high resolution then switches to reducing the pics size. Is that actually saving server space? Some big threads with a lot of pics can take quite a while to download.
I think thread starters should have the abilty to delete their own threads as well. A lot of the older threads are now irrelavant anyways. For sale and wanted threads should also be deleted after a few months as well. That should help with the space crisis.

Pete is right. It's still downloading the whole picture that is posted and then it resizes it. It would help all things forum if the pictures were resized before upload to the server.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

I have lots of the pictures. Once things get straightened out it will be easy to put them back. Tim when you come up with a cost of upgrade even though I think Invision should be dumped I would be happy to donate to the cause.

NRath

#16 Post by NRath »

I'll second the donation... It won't be much, but I'm sure every bit will help.

kdeal

#17 Post by kdeal »

Me three! How about a small yearly donation for some sort of executive privledges? I don't know maybe a t-shirt and access to a Sr forum or something. This way we can generate some continual cash for the site and get a cool t-shirt to boot. Anyone have access to someone who can silkscreen t-shirts for a good price?

NRath

#18 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 2 2008, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone have access to someone who can silkscreen t-shirts for a good price?

Oh Lord!! Here we go again!!

J/K, I think I've bought one of all the apparel that's ever been made by us.