Cannondale has New Stablemate

LapTraffic

Cannondale has New Stablemate

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

Not content with her piped warrior My wife has spent the last 6 months looking for an upgrade.

On Saturday we drove to Tacoma Motorsports and bought a white and red YFZ 450.

Kinda funny, on 3 separate occasions salesmen would walk up to me and give congratulations on 'my' new bike. I derived a great deal of satisfaction pointing out that the new bike was my wife's and not mine.

It's broken in now. Pretty impressive even in stock form. Very tight. We'll be doing the cam mod next week along with removing the airbox lid and pulling the cork out of the pipe and rejetting.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get them developed.

Kim's not interested so much in MX but said she would do the Horn Rapids Iron man this fall with me. Be a kick in the pants to race together.

She reads this forum pretty regularly, mostly to see what Im buying smile.gif You all should encourage her to quit lurking and start posting

CowsBitePeople

#2 Post by CowsBitePeople »

AWSOME how much u get it for out the door??

Ryanstones

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

Congrats KIM! i can't wait for you to tell us how you whipped that guys c'dale ridin butt!

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

Theyre running pretty close to 8k with washington state sales tax and all the crap the dealers tack on.

We managed to get some off of that with skid plate and bumper thrown in. BUt it was no screamin deal, let me tell you. My checking account is vaporized.

After rolling her warrior 3 or 4 times and doing the same to my dale Kim's pretty adamant that I am not to ride this bike 'hard'

I 'DID' get to test drive it during break in and it is very nice, very impressive and quite fast. It's in stock trim right now and it's just a bit slower than the dale. Once it's opened up Im going to have get some roost deflectors for my bike, something I havent had to worry about until now.

ppogue

Nice

#5 Post by ppogue »

very sweet, sounds like a great back up bike. Just kidding, I wouldn't let you ride it either, you crash 50% of the time your on a quad.

Knight440

#6 Post by Knight440 »

Boy this is one I wish I could pull off!!! wife riding the new YFZ :cool:

LapTraffic

#7 Post by LapTraffic »

you crash 50% of the time your on a quad.

LMAO You got that straight. I need a sponsor just to replace OEM parts I break.

4punksdad

#8 Post by 4punksdad »

I see the theory now....................give the wife the slower quad so you can still keep up. Its a shame that you have to treat her that way.........................

that should be enough to get her to start posting biggrin.gif

LapTraffic

#9 Post by LapTraffic »

She's afraid everyone will make fun of her cause she's a girl...

(that's GOT to work smile.gif )

Sabe

#10 Post by Sabe »

All right you won! Here I am.

I could not let you get away with calling me scared or letting my husband think his quad is faster than mine!!!