Best airfilter upgrade.

thedeatons

#11 Post by thedeatons »

Awesome.... Like I said though, the huge step of the cylcone big ID to the stock heads small ID makes a hole in the power curve. We notice it on a few of ours set up like that. They run fine, and can be tuned out, but just know that is possible. They also display a LOT of midrange and less low end from the standard Boomer-style setup.

Haz-Matt

#12 Post by Haz-Matt »

What kind of injectors are you using? The problem could be if your using stock injectors not the cyclone. That's what happened on my quad ,but Tim got it tuned to be better. Tim said that when I get a chance to get Harley injectors and that should cure the problem.

g9901920

#13 Post by g9901920 »

does anyone have a pics of these airboxes boomer and the cyclone

jesshamner

#14 Post by jesshamner »

I need a filter set up that can stand up to these kinds of conditions. I don't think a pod filter with no protection will last long when its that muddy or wet. I'll stick with the airbox. Might check out the bike stack though.

timbomoose

#15 Post by timbomoose »

Like jess said above. If you run in these conditions only run the stock airbox or your motor will be toast. You can mod your stock box with a short stack bike air horn or a cyclone. Cyclones have different flavors. Ported bigger throttle body open filter, stock throttle body open filter,stock box bored throttle body,stock box stock throttle body. Cyclones are a velocity stack, each are made for peak hp for specific use. For bored throttle bodies cyclone outperform everything out there. For stock throttle bodies are about the same performance as a boomer setup which is also a very good unit and about the same as a short bike stack in the stock box for performance.Will try to get up some pics. If you run mud or water I highly recomend against any open airfilter setup and do some stock box mods.

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

yeah; What Timbomoose said.

In my opinion these stock quads are not choked down as much as the jap quads. I want to try and move some of the wireing from the airfilter area, especialy on the Moto with the Map select. The one thing I love about the Dales is that the air filter doesn't get very dirty (I don't know if jesshamner can sy that, lol).

On a dusty MX track we would change the air filter on the Moto between motos at first but after a few races we found there wasn't much dirt in the filters when we cleaned them, so most times we just washed the quad to make sure the radiator was clean and waited for the next moto. My point to this is if you really want more HP and you ride in these conditions, after a few minuits in these conditions you start loosing HP because of the dirty air filter. I don't know about the open filters on the C-Dales but the jap bikes with the filter under the seats were constant maintanence at the MX track

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is a custom cyclone.Others are same just no lettering.[attachment=5689:cyclone.jpg]

thedeatons

#18 Post by thedeatons »

Nice Tim, I didn't know there were different versions! There ya go. That is a cyclone, whereas a Boomer style setup is basically a short section of pipe welded to a flange. The flange is where the velocity stack mounts. Both cost similar amounts.

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

My filter isn't terribly dirty after a race like that. My radiator is usually clean too thanks to my home made mud screen. Its the dusty conditions that ruin air filters in the stock location.

g9901920

#20 Post by g9901920 »

My engine is not ported but has all the upgrades and a 450 kit so which one is better for it.