Best airfilter upgrade.

Dachshund

#31 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Feb 15 2008, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cyclone doesn't include filter....

Tim gave me a Uni filter with mine. I believe it was a TRX250R filter.

MX Quad Dad

#32 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Feb 14 2008, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Tim is always out in front!, and finds no need for the extra protection!
laugh.gif

Thats a good point. With the air filter being up front like that, you wouldn't be sucking up the dust the front tires kick up. My son ran up front a lot, even with his Banshee. O n the Banshee he had to change the air filter between motos and sometimes after practice. He says he never got as much dirt out of the Dale filter as the Banshee. I don't believe he ever raced the Banshee with the lid on the air box

thedeatons

#33 Post by thedeatons »

I go three days in the dunes with my No Toil and NO outerwears, and it is fine. It is really caked up at the end, but the inside is clean.... No Toil claims no Outerwear is needed with their filter because of the dual stage foam, whereas the K&Ns in the group run Outerwears. Then again, K&N claims that the dirtier they get the better flow you will have.... LOL

The TRX250R filter is required with the Cyclone, and is a nice huge filter, but I don't know if that filter fits the stock port size cyclone. Tim can speak to that.

I have a custom made ram air setup that I did through the left headlight hole, complete with custom one-off No Toil filter (they custom made it for me and still only charged me $25!). I will sell it to whoever wants it for $50 with two filters.....

g9901920

#34 Post by g9901920 »

ya i call it, i will take the ram air.

wistech

#35 Post by wistech »

Ive been running a flap like the one on the gas tank cover for years . It needs to be long enough to hit the stem so water will run down the stem and not into the filter. As long as you dont blast nose first into deep water holes it no problem. Mud ,roost and slop pose no issue just the water holes and those I wheelie or go slow enough so it doesnt splash with a wave.

jesshamner

#36 Post by jesshamner »

In a race, going slow through water is not an option for me.

wistech

#37 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Feb 16 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a race, going slow through water is not an option for me.

Thats what stock airboxes are for. you can port the stock airbox for just a little more flow but for xc racing you dont need every scrap of power available.

g9901920

#38 Post by g9901920 »

i am making a dual ram air thats turning out pretty nice, i can try to post some pics tonight.

67z400

#39 Post by 67z400 »

Sorry to thread jack, but I have a question in regard to removing the stock air box. If a custom filter setup is made or bought from boomer where does the stock vacuum line go and where does the air temp sensor get plugged into? I would assume that a plate could be made where the two connections can go to the open atmosphere.

speedracer

#40 Post by speedracer »

I just zip-tied my sensor to the frame,same thing with the line.No problem for several years like that.You need to get one,BIG difference,let me know when your going to St.Joe,I have an extra you can try out.