Should We Be Afraid?

Psychosis

Should We Be Afraid?

#1 Post by Psychosis »

http://www.off-road.com/atv/press/2003_08/trx450r.html

The new Honda's due out after Sept. 10th. That's when it's to be released. Dealer got a notice on it and it's all over the net now. Appears to have an aluminum frame, CRF engine, and "race ready". But the Yam isn't race ready though they claim so I'd say it'll be the same. Dealer said today that MSRP would be in the lower 7's. You guys' thoughts?

cdaledave89

#2 Post by cdaledave89 »

Well, if it has an aluminum frame, then it will spark my interest. If I'm not mistaken, Honda was the first to use an aluminum frame for their MX bikes so it would make sense that they would (finally) want to try an aluminum-framed quad. I won't get my hopes up though. I'm expecting a steel-framed quad with an "ancient" fuel delivery system (carburetor).

quad_freak14

#3 Post by quad_freak14 »

yea..some people should be worried....but im not a BIG time racer(yet) so im not worried for now..

CowsBitePeople

#4 Post by CowsBitePeople »

I cant wait till it comes out biggrin.gif I think it may be my next quad

justfine

I'm looking forward to it.............

#5 Post by justfine »

I bet it will be better than the Polaris, Suzuki, and even the new Yamaha.

drbowtie

#6 Post by drbowtie »

I'm going to weigh the facts as I interpret them...

Honda's engine CRF450... Not bad... No warranty... expensive parts... they do blow up... Carbureted

Cannondale's engine... Not bad... No warranty... expensive parts... they do blow up... Fuel injected

Cannondale... WINS

Honda's probable frame... Steel... updated 400 frame... will be in the 350 to 400 lbs range... brakes probably sub par... suspension probably not ohlins...

Cannondale Speed (mine) Aluminum... CAAD engineered... 375 lbs... great brakes... ohlin shocks

Cannondale... WINS

Honda's rarity... The 450 will be rare for about 6 months...

Cannondale... You'll be one of the only games in town...

I don't want to ride what everyone else is riding (no covet factor) It's like dating a girl another man wouldn't want to drull over. Once every one else in town has riden you're girl do ya still want her?

I think the only thing that will happen is that the better rider will be first on race day... Not the guy on the Cannondale because of the power... Personally I don't race the thing because it would kill me... So in my mind I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Oh, and I rode a CRF 450 for about a half an hour the other day on a closed MX track... It was snotty but not what I had hoped for... It left me wanting to get back on my C-Dale

Better luck next time Honda...

You can't massproduce uniqueness for $6,000 in Japan!

drbowtie

#7 Post by drbowtie »

Okay,

So now I quess uniqueness can be built in Japan it just costs $7,000 instead of $6,000?????:confused: