My dale

dr16049

#1 Post by dr16049 »

Ok, here is the deal. I know I have not posted much but I would like some opinions. I have a 03 cannible. Broken. I intend to off it. I have too many broken quads right now and want to eliminate some.

I am not sure what is wrong, I pulled it apart and was going to pull stuff out to see but now I may just put it back together and get rid of it. I really dont want to mess with parting it, just off the whole thing.

What happened was, while riding it coughed a few times and died. No bangs or nothing. Still turned over fine but only would try to start. (like spun flywheel, but wasn't) Checked what I could, still no starty.

After this another quad I have did the same thing. It ended up being the ecu. Could this be the dale problem?? I am thinking of either a: put it together and off it cheap. Or b: put it together, get an ecu see if it starts then off it, if I can , because then it would be running.

HELP!!

how bout some comments, Thanks

Nickc711

#2 Post by Nickc711 »

check out the chargin system/ battery before rippin...it was the problem with my dale and just this thursday my buddys lakota sport...it just started sputtering and then stalled..it was the battery....did you update the stator? if not check the stator with a multimeter ..

go simple first...then start thinking about the more expensive stuff later...lol

dr16049

#3 Post by dr16049 »

QUOTE (Nickc711 @ Mar 16 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
check out the chargin system/ battery before rippin...it was the problem with my dale and just this thursday my buddys lakota sport...it just started sputtering and then stalled..it was the battery....did you update the stator? if not check the stator with a multimeter ..

go simple first...then start thinking about the more expensive stuff later...lol

I just immediatly ripped into it. After trying a better battery. I noticed the day it did die that it coughed a few times earlier that day but when it quit, it quit. To check anything further I need to PUT THE MOTOR BACK IN!!! AAAAA!!! No really, like I said I am putting it together and if I can check some simple stuff to get it running great. If not, o well. Either way I think I will get it gone.

Thanks for the info.