ANY Problems With your guyses dales overheating???

aroracer72

ANY Problems With your guyses dales overheating???

#1 Post by aroracer72 »

ive only ridden my dale once, and the fan ran for a long time, and every time i stopped riding, it did go off, but do dales have problems with overheating???? And if there is a common problem with this, is there a fix???....anyways, if any one needs help with parts info, or are interested in buying a dale, i am known by friends to find killer deals in short times, so i would be more thsan whilling to help, cause i know its nice to have some 1 to ask ?'s when you have a problem, like im doing now, you can shoot me up on AIM at cannondale72, or email me at aroracer72@yahoo.com, thx in advance, laterz

P.S..
Hey haydug, i know you were contemplating with the idea of your graphics idea, and i just wanted to let you know that i use to doodle dirtbikes graphics designs, and my friends asked me what companies graphics i was copying, and i said im not copying, im just doodling, and they said i should draw graphics for companies, but i never thought of it, but now that you are doing your graphic idea, i would be happy to do some doodles for some ideas for your graphics, and would be even happier to help in any way, with getting people to buy them, or with possibly money, so laterz, and have fun riding your dales!!!!!....lol

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Since I started using evans and running in the hot weather my fan runs for a few minutes after I shut it off and pull the key . I know the computer is shutting down because the battery never goes dead. I know its not overheating because I checked it on my laptop and the temps were under 190 degrees . I dont really know why they leave the ecm on for a while unless its got some shut down mode it has to go thru. I was thinking of installing a relay for the fan hooked up to the key switch to keep it from running that annoying fan after shutdown. Maybe scooter at optimum can shed some light on this matter.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

The fan on the dales is supposed to run alot.The setting is real low for it to turn on.When you shut off a motor the heat builds up since no air is flowing through the radiator.That is why it isnt a bad idea to do a slow lap not getting on the throttle hard after running the motor real hard.Fan running is a good thing as long as there are no other problems.Make sure your impellar is still intact by feeling the hose going to your water pump you will be able to feel the difference in pressure with motor running and with it off.Cannondales do not have a overheating problem your fan running is more than likely normal.

aroracer72

#4 Post by aroracer72 »

well i rode it on a tight track, and in some slow woods, and when i got back, it smelled of burnt coolant, and the coolant level was below the level mark, but i didnt know th level of coolant before my ride, so i dont know if it is burnin off coolant or not, and if the water pump is not workin, ho do i fix???..i heard the water impeller sometimes stops on dales, but i dont know if that is a fact. Does your guyses dales stink of burnt coolant, or have a smell after riding all day???...any info will be gretaly appreciated.:confused:

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Yes I know there is nothing wrong with it but the thing where the fan runs even after shutdown is very annoying and anyone near it is always asking me why my quad is overheating because the fan is running. Right now I just reach down and unplug the fan connector so I can talk to people otherwise I have to drive it off to the side and walk away from it to have a simple conversation on the trail. I think the computer might be staying on so you can comunicate with the quad during remap and diagnostic sessions. Now it makes sense. I wonder if you could reprogram the computer to shut the fan off when the quad isnt running. That would be an optimum question.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

The first quads the fan hardly (fx400) some supposedly overheated.That is why they made the setting lower.The Bombadier DS also turns on after you shut the motor off.So do most cars.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

since we are on this subject. Why is it so many quads dont have a thermostat. Right now the fan is acting as a maximun temp controller but nothing keeps the engine from being overcooled. In the winter my fan never came on and I wonder if the computer is running the engine richer to compensate for the colder engine temp. Its probalbly not that big an issue on such a small engine.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes I agree in winter it is a bear to even get them warmed up.Some of the guys will put some cardboard in front of radiator to get the motor warm.