whats faster

first cannondale

#1 Post by first cannondale »

what is faster, a stock cannondale with updates.or a ltz450?

Nickc711

#2 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (doug @ Apr 8 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what is faster, a stock cannondale with updates.or a ltz450?

lets let youtube answer your question......a kfx450r is faster than an ltz450

A cannondale can beat a kfx450r in a race in Costa Rico so by the process of elimination

the cannondale is faster...buy one and race them..in my experiences people like to say there

stuff(cough cough predator 500) will dominate my stock cannondale but they always end going to bass pro shop...lol

what are you using it for....there are some great deals in the for sale section... some pre-modded

Sand_Blaster

#3 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Most 450's can beat stock Dales wink.gif

cool_dude_dotcom

#4 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

When my dale was stock i raced ltz450's and they beat me every time now i have a ported 468 with the boomer intake and HMF exhaust that beats any 450 every time. even a 480 honda with a 4in. over swing arm has no chance

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Drag racing = power and wieght
TT = skills until you get to A class where power and wieght will be a bigger factor
XC = skill
MX = the size of your balls and skill.

thedeatons

#6 Post by thedeatons »

Most of our Dales are Stage 1, meaning pod filter, exhaust canister, and Moto map, with dyno tuning (45hp in this form). Some of the guys that meet us at Sand Mt. (NV) are on YFZs, and they won't even race us anymore. We have beat them at 4th gear hill too much.

To put things into perspective, these are brand new YFZs, in a Stage 1 condition, not some $20,000 sleeper.

Nothing will ever be "the fastest" very long. Technology is constantly forging ahead. The Dales will still surprise people though. Just don't think you can cruise to the drag hill and beat everyone cuz you have a CP piston and port work. People hang out at the drag hill for a reason. They have to get some type of pleasure out of the money they spent on their overly expensive ATVs...

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

The question "whats faster?" Is an annoying question. No offense I can understand that when you are about to buy a motorized toy, You like to know you are going to beat your buddies. At least I am that way. A better way to ask that question would be; With equally skilled riders would brand x be able to beat brand y at a certain type of racing and even this is not all that reliable because in my opinion if you had two novice racers hit the MX track, one on a dale and one on a 400EX, the outcome wouldn't be anywhere near the same as two expert riders.

QUOTE (theJeStEr1340 @ Apr 9 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drag racing = power and wieght
TT = skills until you get to A class where power and wieght will be a bigger factor
XC = skill
MX = the size of your balls and skill.

I don't know why so many people think there is no skill involved in drag racing. if anything the skill of a drag racer has more influence because the race is only a few seconds. you have no time to make up for the slightest error. I raced my son who was on a banshee and beat him a number of times even though I couldn't beat him on our track or trails. and not only did I have about 60 pounds on him I was riding a polaris scrambler.

I would say, that the higher the skill level the more the performance of the quad comes into play. Skill level and physical condition is the most important as long as the quads are close in performance

Haz-Matt

#8 Post by Haz-Matt »

I agree with mxquaddad on the drag racing part. There's alot more skill than people think in drag racing.

Speed 1B

#9 Post by Speed 1B »

I drag race against real drag racers on real drag bikes.

I assure you that in most cases at this level one mistake will lose you the race, no matter how fast your bike is.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes I usually enter multiple classes just to get practice for my main classes I am in.Then you have the dune guys that drag without a light,flag or signal of any kind.They just go.If your not on your toes its alot to make up.

As far as the whats faster yea its so hard to make comparisons since there are so many combinations of performance parts for all the quads.If you can get your Dale to 50hp its pretty good odds you will do well against most average quads.55hp is in the top 5% and 60hp and over is probably 1% or less.Problem is that 1% usually does drag races!