Health Insurance??!!!!

peterock

#11 Post by peterock »

Enrolling in college for whatever for a semester is honestly probably your cheapest option. Or as mentioned, contact Bluecross/Blueshield.

ozarkdaler

#12 Post by ozarkdaler »

What will BCBS do?

UpsMan

#13 Post by UpsMan »

Just go on welfare, claim you are a minority, and scream discrimination when Uncle Sam won't pay for the surgery. You'll be all fixed up in no time. Or, you could save your money, and in ten years or so when you can afford it, get the surgery. The insurance company doesn't owe you a thing.

kdeal

#14 Post by kdeal »

You probably "aged out" of coverage on your dad's insurance coverage. The only exceptions are full time student in most cases. Indigent (welfare) care will not cover an elective medical procedure. As for a pre-existing condition, it would be a tough call. You could try and claim that the rod & pins that were put in for stability are causing problems now and that would not be considered pre-existing. Look in the yellow pages locally for health insurance. I would also check the chamber of commerce in your area for independent health insurers. If you are over 18 and not going to college or New Horizons yet, go get a job. Most full time jobs offer health coverage after 3 months of employment. The Walmart idea is actually a good idea. Plus you would be making some money towards your MIS training.

aroracer72

#15 Post by aroracer72 »

I have a job......and ive had it for a little over 2 months now......but its a gourmet pizzaria and i dont think they'll have health coverage........maybe the owner has health insurance and maybe i could buy into it.......but from what i was told my work doesnt have any.
Chad

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (aroracer72 @ Jul 9 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a job......and ive had it for a little over 2 months now......but its a gourmet pizzaria and i dont think they'll have health coverage........maybe the owner has health insurance and maybe i could buy into it.......but from what i was told my work doesnt have any.
Chad

Go get a job in the trades (union) and get free ins.They are always looking for young guys.Wal-mart doesnt pay anything!

250rmike

#17 Post by 250rmike »

go find a full time job thats not not retail or in the food industries something in an office or a big ware house company. wait for the insurance to kick in. youll have to enroll of course. you gotta think having insurance at 10$ an hour is still better than not having any at 14$ an hour

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jul 9 2008, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go get a job in the trades (union) and get free ins.They are always looking for young guys.Wal-mart doesnt pay anything!

aroracer72

#18 Post by aroracer72 »

i actually get paid less then both of those.....LOL
Chad

aroracer72

#19 Post by aroracer72 »

Weres some good places to look for a trade job...you mean certified trade??..or other?
Chad

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

Do you currently have any coverage at all? If not then once you have insurance you will have to wait 1 year before having any kind of surgery for a past ailment. No insurance company will cover a preexisting condition IF you had a gap in coverage. Thats why it is always important to have some kind of cheap coverage at the minimum.