Newest member of the family.

speed2424

#1 Post by speed2424 »

After loosing two Bassett Hounds in May, the house is TOO quiet. I have been looking for a new "best friend" since the beginning of June. I picked one up this weekend. He is 3 months old. He was born almost the same time the other ones died.

[attachment=6951:The_New_Pup_026.JPG]

desertbound

#2 Post by desertbound »

Very cool! Look at the size of the paws on that little guy!

gml1998

#3 Post by gml1998 »

Cool puppy.The ears can double as shop towels. laugh.gif Does he have a name yet?

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Speed2424 lost both of his Basset Hounds after the last Group Ride at his house With the mourning period over he found this little guy. Basset Hounds have the thickest leg bones of any dog per length and the ears are used to pick scent off the ground. They have the second best nose behind a Bloodhound. They are always letting their noses get them into trouble. I have two myself and was waiting for him to get another one!

Godspeed Sam & Pokey!

desertbound

#5 Post by desertbound »

We had a basset hound when I was growing up. Andy was his name. Loved riding in the buggy with my dad at glamis. He passed at 12 years old when I was 13. One of the best dogs if not the best we ever had. After he passed we always got black labs because we used them for bird hunting.