Power Commander Group Buy

kdeal

#151 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 4 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bring him food and refreshments. Make him your friend because the dyno can be very addicting!

Good idea. Looks like the guy at Steel City is getting a steak and a beer from me! tongue.gif

peterock

#152 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Sep 4 2008, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might do that. He said it takes him about 2 to 3 hours to custom make a map. He said most people just go get something to eat then come back. He was telling me on some bikes the PC is only on when the bike is running and off while cranking. So on bikes that start with the PC off if where hard to start before still are hard to start providing the tuning is right. The PC takes over once cranking is stopped and bike running. He said on some bikes he has had to have the PC powered while cranking, so he just finds a hot wire. Do we know if the Cdale pc is hot while cranking or not?

I would say it is since all you have to do is turn the key on and it has power. You can load maps and stuff without it running and just key on.

cannondale27

#153 Post by cannondale27 »

If you can load maps without it running it is a definite yes. Thats a good thing since is a pain on the Suzuki having to have it running sometimes. Nice to have option of off or running. Sounds like you got a good dyno guy Class900. Forgot all about that.

tearoam

#154 Post by tearoam »

recieved mine today. thanks for all the efforts, now if i can get a bike to put it on...

cannondale27

#155 Post by cannondale27 »

Been thinking about this. Thankfully the P.C. gets its rpm signal from the injectors since our quads fire the plug every revolution on startup and only 1/4 after. P.C. should help starting somewhat. Not what they are for but it should. Have noticed the Rapturd does start much better since P.C. was installed. Was a highly modded Suzuki I know of that ran into issues because the PC doesn't power up on those till running since its designed to start with a kickstarter and not enough juice is provided. They added a capacitor batt to help it out. Glad we dont have to mess with that. +1 Cannondale!

claas900

#156 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 5 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been thinking about this.Thankfully the P.C. gets its rpm signal from the injectors since our quads fire the plug every revolution on startup and only 1/4 after.P.C. should help starting somewhat.Not what they are for but it should.Have noticed the Rapturd does start much better since P.C. was installed.Was a highly modded Suzuki I know of that ran into issues because the PC doesnt power up on those till running since its designed to start with a kickstarter and not enough juice is provided.They added a capacitor batt to help it out.Glad we dont have to mess with that.+1 Cannondale!

I didn't know ours fires every revolution on start up only? How does the ecu know that? I mean is it somewhere in the map on how it controls that?

cannondale27

#157 Post by cannondale27 »

We can't control that. After startup until ecu sees 3000 rpm it fires every revolution. You will see it when they do the hp runs on the dyno since that uses a regular ignition signal. Tach will be reading way high till you blip the throttle. Prevents fouled plugs I imagine. Scooter explained this last year. I always wondered why rpm was wacky at first.

Dachshund

#158 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 5 2008, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After startup until ecu sees 3000 rpm it fires every revolution.

AAAH, That explains the extra little pop I get every now and then at Idle. Does that mean I'm running rich at idle? No problems with plugs. Boy, I learn something every day.

cannondale27

#159 Post by cannondale27 »

Could be.

claas900

#160 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 5 2008, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can't control that. After startup until ecu sees 3000 rpm it fires every revolution. You will see it when they do the hp runs on the dyno since that uses a regular ignition signal. Tach will be reading way high till you blip the throttle. Prevents fouled plugs I imagine. Scooter explained this last year. I always wondered why rpm was wacky at first.

C###p that explains why when I was running my wide band the rpms where dubbed. I couldn't figure it out, But I do know it didn't do it every time it only did it sometimes. I wonder why that is?