Got the last 03 speed off cannondale's line

Jammer72

Got the last 03 speed off cannondale's line

#1 Post by Jammer72 »

How bizarre is that? I was looking through the cal dyno sheets from cannondale. Pulled my vin and engine and it was the last 03 speed entered into the computer. How's that for finish.

oldsandman

#2 Post by oldsandman »

Lucky dog!wink.gif

Ryanstones

Very cool!

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

Congrats!

I hope you're gonna check the crank/tranny bolts. Dropping the motor on a new Cannon is a sure way to get to know your quad! Not all that hard either.

Jammer72

#4 Post by Jammer72 »

I've already planned to drop it to do the stage 8 kit. Now I just need to get my hands on a kit. Who's got one for sale?

Ryanstones

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

Stage 8 seems to be a very well spent $100. Won't that quad have the uupdated crank studs already? But still needs attention to the tranny studs?
Cannondale27 put the update together with stage8. Might wanna pm him.

Jammer72

#6 Post by Jammer72 »

I'd just like the added insurance that the stage 8 will provide.Not having to worry about possibly destroying my motor for a loose bolt makes a lot of sense. That and the motor mount update seem to be the most essential updates you can do.

Ryanstones

Agreed.

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

biggrin.gif

Jaybr

Re: Got the last 03 speed off cannondale's line

#8 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Jammer72
How bizarre is that? I was looking through the cal dyno sheets from cannondale. Pulled my vin and engine and it was the last 03 speed entered into the computer. How's that for finish.

Man, If I would have known that was the last one made, I would have bought it instead of the Cannibal. Your lucky I only checked Cannibal vin's.biggrin.gif

Give me or Nrath a call if you need any help with the updates. We did a marathon session Friday night with my new Cannibal: dropped motor, did stage 8, crankcase vent, and motor mount updates and put the motor back in the quad in one night. All I have left is to install the radiator and fill it with Evans.

Jammer72

#9 Post by Jammer72 »

I may take you up on that offer. The stage 8 doesn't look that hard but u never know. For the engine mount update, did you buy the kit or just make your own. I can't find one anywhere so I may just make my own. Looks like all the other updates have been done, but I need a closer inspection.

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

Call R&S Performance for the motor mount update, $29 and very easy to install. http://www.rsperformance.net

On the stage 8, your probably only looking at the transmission bolts and it won't be too hard. You may want to have a side cover gasket handy if you plan on doing it all at once. We where able to get my cover off without tearing it, but you never know.

Make sure you get it all done before the group ride in Sep. we're expecting to see you there.