I've just been raped!!!!!!!

mydreamride

#31 Post by mydreamride »

What plug are you running because I was recommened by timbomoose to use a cr10ek for my high comp 450. He was telling me that the usual cr8ek was to hot for that high of compression and in the long run would start melting the part of the piston closest to the plug.

rayspeed

#32 Post by rayspeed »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Dec 2 2008, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What plug are you running because I was recommened by timbomoose to use a cr10ek for my high comp 450. He was telling me that the usual cr8ek was to hot for that high of compression and in the long run would start melting the part of the piston closest to the plug.

Yeah that is kind of what I was getting at.... but I was hoping more like it is too hot of a range and the tip glowing like a glow plug. Even if the afr is perfect, if the plug is too hot it can lead to problems, should be able to tell somewhat by looking at the plug.
Ray

desertbound

#33 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Dec 2 2008, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that is kind of what I was getting at.... but I was hoping more like it is too hot of a range and the tip glowing like a glow plug. Even if the afr is perfect, if the plug is too hot it can lead to problems, should be able to tell somewhat by looking at the plug.
Ray

I run F&L 110 racing fuel. Shouldn't be a problem there. I do run the 8. Maybe it's to hot? I'll check everything out.

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

I never thought of that.Could be.Good one Mydreamride.Also you still have the spacer under the plug?

desertbound

#35 Post by desertbound »

Yep. I run the spacer. The knocking is coming from the bottom end. No question about it. The top end sounds fine. It's really loud and distinct and seems the loudest behind the flywheel/stator. I haven't had time to pull the motor yet. I should know more this weekend.

Crazie

#36 Post by Crazie »

Desertbound,

I'm with you on the frustration for sure. I haven't had a single trip yet where I had NO problems. Although so far they've all been minor, it's still a pain to have issues.

My only saving grace, is that when it runs, it rips! Other than that, I was ready to sell everything after last weekend when my stator bolts backed out. Come to find out it was an easy fix and I should have been riding all weekend, but sometimes when there is a time constraint and you're rushing, you overlook things.

Keep your fingers crossed that it's something minor! I'm still paranoid and refuse to ride alone anywhere.

UpsMan

#37 Post by UpsMan »

What did this knocking end up being?

cdsracer

#38 Post by cdsracer »

Stator side main bearing.

UpsMan

#39 Post by UpsMan »

Thats where he said it sounded loudest. He has a good ear.