This cracks me up!!! A post from atvriders

speedracer

#11 Post by speedracer »

Unless your racing,does the average Joe trailrider need 60 horsepower?Then have to mess with race gas.Then constant breakdowns, hopefully the industry is not going the way of the eightys with people who have never ridden before go out and buy a hi-pro 450,get injured,then blame it on the atv.It seems like most ohv tv ads are about most power this,most power that.Maybe I just getting old,but I am happy with a 45 h.p.Dale.

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

I like 45hp too... smile.gif If I had nothing else I would be happy with that.

Have you guys seen the lawyer ads on TV about "If you have ever been hurt on a Yamaha Rhino please call us"... ridiculous. Here comes the 10 year ban on UTVs, just like trikes...

Crazie

#13 Post by Crazie »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Dec 13 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like 45hp too... smile.gif If I had nothing else I would be happy with that.

Have you guys seen the lawyer ads on TV about "If you have ever been hurt on a Yamaha Rhino please call us"... ridiculous. Here comes the 10 year ban on UTVs, just like trikes...

I have seen those, but what I like is the fact that Yamaha is fighting it. Initially they were going to settle out, but I'm glad they're fighting it. Idiots don't deserve the privilege of riding in them, must less suing the company because they are idiots.

speedracer

#14 Post by speedracer »

Speaking of h.p.how is jinx44s turbo coming along?It would be nice to have some sort of turbo bolt-on for a drag quad.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

I am not happy unless it has 50hp+.Just to many places around here to open it up.Safely I might add.

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

Oh yea,you guys up there have 20ft. wide snowmobile trails,down here they are 6ft. wide rut,boulder and root infested.Fun to ride,but not with a 60 h.p. atv,to hard on the body.Imo.

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

45 hp should be enough to put a smile on anyones face, but you might want more for dune riding or A-class MX.

speedracer

#18 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Dec 13 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
45 hp should be enough to put a smile on anyones face, but you might want more for dune riding or A-class MX.

Well said.I think there is difference between bragging rights and practical h.p.Dont get me wrong,its awesome the numbers you r&d guys are getting,unless in sand or a pro racer,thats alot of power.(60)

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

UPSMAN hasnt ridden trails or Ice with us.I need to get him to do that.45hp dont cut it.

UpsMan

#20 Post by UpsMan »

Will you guys wait for me to catch up, or are you just going to leave me behind for the coyotes?