are you satisfied?

mountainman10

#1 Post by mountainman10 »

satisfied 100%. Besides a bad battery that was replaced at no charge I have had no problems. The 03's with all of the updates are very reliable. I have rode z's and they are nice quads but there is no way they even compare to a c-dale. After riding a c-dale I could not imagine getting something else!

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

My 'bull has been rock solid. if I were buying again today I wouldn't consider anything else. Period.

Cannibal440

#3 Post by Cannibal440 »

Mine has been good. Never left me stranded. I have fouled two plugs, but they were my fault. Oil and tranny fluid changes are a pain, but what other quad out there has seperate oil for the engine and tranny? In my opinion cannondale is a little too demanding with their oil change schedule. I mean the whole point of having seperate oil in the engine and trans is so that the clutch material stays out of the engine, right? This keeps it cleaner, longer. Cannondale uses the same materials as everyone else as far as the piston, rings, bearings, clutch plates, etc. So why the short intervals? Cannondale is just being cautious, and if you care about your quad change the fluids when they are visibly contaminated. In the short time I've had mine i have noticed that at the recommended intervals the oil and tranny fluid still look pretty clean. I guess it just depends on what conditions you ride in. Owning a cannondale does require you to educate yourself on several systems that other quads dont have, like the fuel injection and computer, and diagnosing themcan be difficult for alot of us in the event of a problem. I guess it is the price we pay for owning the most technicaly advanced quads.

Mjollnir

#4 Post by Mjollnir »

Tainted,

I think the bottom line is that if, as you say, your main concern is that you want a stone reliable machine that is easy to maintain, I think maybe you should be looking at a 400ex, not the most high-tech state of the art machine out there. 400ex's don't have such a complicated starting procedure either. biggrin.gif:rolleyes:

Also, you may want to try searching this and the forums at atvconnection.com. I asked questions here and there as well, and also found a ton of information in old posts.

That said, I can't really comment on this subject yet because my 'dale is still quite new.

Marc

jcv440

#5 Post by jcv440 »

I started out with a 99 400ex. I put a 88mm piston in it, WB exhaust, Web Cam, ported and polished, modded carb. I was about to buy Elka's and wheels and tires for my 400 (5hrs on my engine) and then I rode a Cannondale....after hours of beating my head on the wall, and bugging the crap out of my buddy Ray...I went for the Cannondale. I had my EX sold the next day, and my Cannondale on it's way.

I haven't looked back since. I've had a couple of minor problems, Cannondale has corrected them, and I'm very happy with my machine. With the Cannondale, you have a reliable motor putting out more than enough power, it just might need some personal preference with the usual handlebars, tires and suspension.

Yes, a 400ex and a Z400 is a more practical choice if your a "run and gun" type of guy. You do need to check these things over after a ride. Like with any high performance machine, things will vibrate loose. That's why the majority of the owners have blue loctited alot of bolts on the machines. And with the high performance motor, it's more important to have clean gas going through it, have it breathing clean air, and running with good clean synthetic oil.

AlaskaSpeed

#6 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

You would have to pry my T2's out of my cold, dead hands to get me to let my Speed go....biggrin.gif I have not had any problems that I couldn't take care of myself, and have the 100% backing from Cannondale. An added bonus is that you are forced to take the time to maintain your quad like all quads probably should be if you really want them to last. I have never looked back............except to see where my buddies on Raptors, Banshees, R's and even a dead even run with a .40 over Quadzilla......biggrin.gif