Rebuilding my 2002 blaze?

udel88

#11 Post by udel88 »

What would be the round about price to have my motor built with all up grades and stock pistion?

Gibson265R

#12 Post by Gibson265R »

Do you guys really think that the price for...lets say, 45hp to 55hp is really worth all that extra money and much less reliability? I know that some have gotten 60+w/no juice and 70 w/nitrous...I guess it just depends on what kind of riding you are doing...maybe just to be a record holder...anyways..to build a stock updated engine would be as follows (about):

crank z400-350 (less if your crank is good)
asso kit- 200
o-rings-gasket/seals-50-100?
aluminum impeller-54
aluminum cover-135
stage 8-??? if you dont like loctite
oil line update

im probably leaving something out but these are the major updates

so around $800 w/o labor (ABOUT!!! maybe less, maybe more)

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

Excluding nitrous I have yet to see anything that proves one way or the other about reliabilty of a performance engined cannondale verses a updated bone stocker.
In fact I think with todays quads its is a downright shame to leave one stock as it will get its butt handed to it by virtually all other brands. Thats why I stopped building stockers a long time ago. Its just a waste of so much potential and embarrasing to the rest of us. Reliability has almost always been a factor of the quality of the parts and the updates. A guy to lazy to get his cam buckets checked is going to lose a cam/engine regardless if the engine is a full on nitrous monster or a stocker. Same goes for decomps ,cranks ,oil pumps and all the other updates we have found over the years.