Cyclone velocity stack

udel88

#1 Post by udel88 »

What is a Cyclone velocity stack?

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

It's a modification that allows you to remove the entire stock air box assembly. You replace it with a billet piece attached directly to the throttle body with a filter attached to it.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Sounds cool when you stab the throttle too.

udel88

#4 Post by udel88 »

will that cause more dirt to get to the filter if your rideing in mud?

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

sure will. i have used rubber before and draped it over the top and front of it and it stayed pretty darn clean. You then just need to be aware of the water you ride in because your drowned point is much lower now.

MyCannibal

#6 Post by MyCannibal »

you dont need one (cyclone) unless u have a modified engine right?

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

I have pod filter on a stock motor.You can tell a difference(seat in the pants.)No problems.I dont know if the cyclone swirls the air into the throttle body?

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Your thinking of a the tornado . LOL We just named it the cyclone because it sounds cool.

MyCannibal

#9 Post by MyCannibal »

I have a pod filter myself...This is the boomer setup right?..I just thought it was stated before that a cyclone was only needed on a modified engine...I didnt realize they were referring to a pod filter as a cyclone...was thinking they were two different things...

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

This is the cyclone pod filter system. They are built for a 46mm throttle body. You can see from the pic that the one on the left is mounted in a stock throttle body which is 4mm smaller. Of course you wouldnt run it that way as it will have nobenifit over the bike stack without porting the TB to match. The one on the right was the first design that I made an adapter for the air filter when we were in the hunt for the first 55hp dale which the cyclone made it possible. They are made of billet aluminum and use the rubber base from a bike or quad stack for mounting to the throttle body. You can use a cyclone on a stock throttle body in wait for when you upgrade your engine for performance.