Trailtech Vapor Tacho

SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

I have a Cannondale quad here with a Trailtech Vapor.

But I can't get the RPM Tacho to work like it should. I either displays the correct RPM, displays a very irratic idle or displays nothing. When it does display the correct RPM it is only for a few seconds.

I connected the red tacho wire to the orange wire on the coil and the black tacho wire to the ground.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

SlOoT

#2 Post by SlOoT »

I now connected the red wire to the blue wire on the coil, much better, lol.

Still some erratic moments, but very rare.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Remember that the rpm is doubled upon initial start up until the revs go over about 3K.

SlOoT

#4 Post by SlOoT »

I indeed noticed that, I thought something was wrong with the Vapor at first. But when I touched the throttle the RPM was halved and correct.

67z400

#5 Post by 67z400 »

How do you like the vapor so far? I thought about getting one, but didn't know how well the tach would work. Did you get one for a specific quad to make it fit the cannondale? From what you said it sounds promising.

cool_dude_dotcom

#6 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

you need to put a little regulator inline to the vapor so it will read correctly. Every now ant than it will still jump up to a reading of 13000-17000 i have seen as my top RPM. Get a hold of Dave "canniboomer" he should have a regulator for you.

SlOoT

#7 Post by SlOoT »

I like the Vapor so far. I have one for a Z400, those are the most universal.

I can make some pictures of how I mounted stuff, like the speedo-meter.

The temperature gauge is also very nice and handy.

speedracer

#8 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Mar 18 2009, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the Vapor so far. I have one for a Z400, those are the most universal.

I can make some pictures of how I mounted stuff, like the speedo-meter.

The temperature gauge is also very nice and handy.

I also would like to see that also.

SlOoT

#9 Post by SlOoT »

Some pictures.

The headlights are street legal for Europe. They have parking light, low beam and high beam.
There is a custom made quiet core in the toaster to keep the noise at a mimimum to pass the sound check. And also a screw in the throttle to make it 15Kw.

After the check/inspection we get the license plate and then the quiet core goes out and the screw in the throttle gets removed and the Blaze can be ridden onroad.

Video from the street legal Blaze:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=492c7IDW3gM
In the video the blaze has the full sidecovers, for sound reduction.

Dave, recognize those mirrors?

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

Do those banjo bolts double as pressure switches? Or does it activate some other way? I noticed the wire out of the top of the rear master cylinder then spotted the pic of the frt. That's a pretty cool set-up.

Any idea of what kind of mpg's a quad gets on the street? I'm sure the stock gearing is a bit off for the asphalt, too.