What happened to Lap Traffic?

Freakystone

What happened to Lap Traffic?

#1 Post by Freakystone »

I use to see him on here all the time. Then I read a post about him buying his wife a YFZ. Did he dump the Dale? Did his wife file for divorce and took the Dale and the YFZ with? Did his wife beat him in a race and he shoot himself in the head?

I kind of miss his posts. There were so full of passion and energy.:confused:

Ryanstones

He said

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

something about his job transfering closer to his home. So he's not sitting at a desk surfing all day. Maybe they don't get the internet in dumb@#$% washington.
I hear ya though.
Where you at Joe?

ppogue

lap

#3 Post by ppogue »

Give the guy a break, even a hard core guy takes vacations once in awhile. I think he is still a little sour from the WORCS race where we both got clobbered by some chump on a predator. Actually, I think he took a vacation from riding and went fishing or hunting.

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

Holy crap cant a guy get some freakin peace an... oh hey, it's you guys smile.gif

man, let me tell ya, real life can throw some curves at ya.

Ive been working the last 18 months in California away from home, and I moved back to washington early in July.

Finally!! Life back to normal!

Well holy crap! it got busier by a magnitude of 10!

Ive been riding local and getting ready for a race comin up here in OCtober.

Yeah I did get the wife a YFZ, and yes the **** thing is faster than my Cannondale :/ But I still like the ride on mine better and have no plans of getting rid of it.

Well over 100 hours on mine right now and still running strong.

Speaking of running strong, 2 weeks ago I was flyin down a trail near my home towards dusk. 5th gear and pullin hard. All my concentration on the trail. I was really screamin!

So this grouse jumps up in the trail and I shoot right under it. It was close I actually thought for e second I could catch him bare handed. I watched him sail right over my helmet and when I looked down I smacked a tree..

Launched me off the bike and I hit another tree about 8 feet in the air with my head then dropped to the ground.

Rung my bell pretty good. Black eye, bruised cheekbone and a very sore jaw, couldnt chew at all that night and still sore today.

Helmet is retired, have a new one coming this week for our trip to coos bay. Have 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers for both bikes.... gonna do a little rematch

Oh, and Kim and I are buying a boat. Anyone like salmon fishing? smile.gif

Freakystone

#5 Post by Freakystone »

So how about a review of the YFZ as compared to the Dale?

4punksdad

#6 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Freakystone
So how about a review of the YFZ as compared to the Dale?

I can help you there freaky. In my ride impression the yfz is fast.............but it lacks low end. The yfz jumps and handles well, but the quad feels very small.

I think the cannibal delivers a way more exciting ride and pulls harder.

LapTraffic

#7 Post by LapTraffic »

Hey 4punks smile.gif

Have you done the cam mod timing adjustment to exhaust cam of the YFZ?

I noticed huge gains in low end grunt when I did this along with pulling the exhuast plug and the airbox lid and a rejet.

40 bucks for the rejet and about 1.5 hours of work. It pulls very hard. The ride is different though.

Im 6'1" 205 (on my driver's license smile.gif ) and the bike doesnt feel as small to me as an R. But it is deifferent.

I will say it is easy to go fast on and easy to ride well. The Cannondale has it in the handling department, but I would not say the YFZ is a bad handling bike.

My cannondale aint quite stock either... so that's not really apples to apples smile.gif

Im overall very impressed with the bike.

4punksdad

#8 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
Hey 4punks smile.gif

Have you done the cam mod timing adjustment to exhaust cam of the YFZ?

I noticed huge gains in low end grunt when I did this along with pulling the exhuast plug and the airbox lid and a rejet.

40 bucks for the rejet and about 1.5 hours of work.  It pulls very hard.  The ride is different though.

Im 6'1" 205 (on my driver's license smile.gif ) and the bike doesnt feel as small to me as an R.  But it is deifferent.

I will say it is easy to go fast on and easy to ride well.  The Cannondale has it in the handling department, but I would not say the YFZ is a bad handling bike.

My cannondale aint quite stock either... so that's not really apples to apples smile.gif

Im overall very impressed with the bike.

I was riding a guy's stock 450 and making a comparison to my stock cannibal. I agree that the bike is easy to ride fast.........and I thought it had pretty good shocks for stock.