Billet Stock Rods

peterock

#1 Post by peterock »

Looks like I'm going to get some billet rods made.

Price is going to be $180 per rod.

I need to have at least 8 sold in order to go through will ordering them though. Same dimensions as stock except will have a bronze bushing in the small end.

Once order is placed, I was told about 6-8 weeks turn around.

Current Count:
(1) Steve S. - paid
(1) Canniboomer - paid
(1) Sloot - paid
(1) 2000EX - paid
(1) Kdeal - paid

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Put me in for 1.If need more orders will get two and put one on shelf.Does Timbo have a stock of pins?

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

Yes he does. Last time I talked to him he was having more done as well. Didn't sound like he minded making more of those. Just really hates the idea of having to make rods.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

I'll try one also wink.gif

SlOoT

#5 Post by SlOoT »

I'll take one.

Let me know when you need payment. Maybe you can send that rod to Dave "Canniboomer". I see he also ordered one rod. He sends packages to me many times (I'm from Europe). Saves in shippings costs. And maybe Dave and me can split the shipping costs for the shipping of the rods from you to him, ot something like that.

Thanks

peterock

#6 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ May 1 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll take one.

Let me know when you need payment. Maybe you can send that rod to Dave "Canniboomer". I see he also ordered one rod. He sends packages to me many times (I'm from Europe). Saves in shippings costs. And maybe Dave and me can split the shipping costs for the shipping of the rods from you to him, ot something like that.

Thanks

Sounds good. I don't think Dave will have a problem with that, especially if he is sending you a package anyway at the time.

funmachines

#7 Post by funmachines »

Are these I beam or H beam style?

Thanks

claas900

#8 Post by claas900 »

Who's making them? I think the 495 and 505 use different length rods do we have that option to get longer ones? If we get more then 8 made does the price go down?

peterock

#9 Post by peterock »

The longer rods could be an option of course, but would cost more depending on how many were made. They are the I beam style. We actually need 10 for the order but I'm counting myself for two, next price break is at 40. Sorry, not giving my source as doing so hasn't worked the greatest for me on my last couple of projects. They are from a very well known company in the industry though.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

Is there a possibility of pressing bushings into the old rods that come off of bad cranks? Basically rebuilding them?