Have space available for Lake Powell houseboat trip

rayspeed

#1 Post by rayspeed »

I know this is a little off topic for a quad forum but I am pretty well known here and could use some help as I am having trouble getting enough people to make the trip since I had a bunch of last minute bailers. So I thought I would throw this out there in case any of you ever wanted what might be a once in a lifetime dirt cheap Lake Powell experience.

So you are invited to spend a week at lake Powell on a houseboat (the way is should be enjoyed) without the huge expense of renting or worry about how it all works.
Meet new people??????? pick up skills behind the boat and enjoy all that this huge scenic lake has to offer!

This is a prime week plus a day (5-30 to 6-7) when the temps and weather are just right... not super hot yet and the nights still cool down nicely.

This is a fully equipped average size and age houseboat in good condition. It is in a slip at wahweap marina and it has a slide, toy fuel tanks, pwc hoist, two fridges, chest freezer, trash compactor, twin v-8 volvo drive, charting gps, upper controls, A/C, generator, inverter, vcr/dvd TV, infared gas grill.

I will book no more than twelve so space mayl be limited, I will try to put together a fun group of easy going people... please... angry fighting drunks need not apply!

I am easy to get along with and can roll with almost any situation. I have twenty years of boat ownership experience, coast guard safe boater and advanced lifesaving training. I have all the boating toys and can ride and teach anything behind a boat including hydro foiling.

It am trying to work it to where someone else could bring a ski boat, but no more than two are needed and someone else a jet ski or two. Otherwise I could bring my tige wakeboard boat and/or a supercharged jet ski but I would prefer to concentrate on keeping the big boat running smoothly so preferance may be given to those that can help provide for the right combination. Everyone will share in the cost of the gas, however if you bring something we can cut you a break.

All I ask is donations to help with the fees... $250 per person minimum donation suggested for the whole week plus your share of whatever is spent on gas which is expected to fall between $50 to $100 pp.

I will try to put together a fun group of people for a good time to be had by all. Sorry no young children or animals unless you gather a full crew that can deal with em.
Ray

kevin444

#2 Post by kevin444 »

ray sounds sweet.....any other dates?

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

There are a few weeks here and there that open up but it usually takes a whole year for my liver or my wallet to heal up enough to really want to go again! Besides too much later in the year and it gets so hot that it is not so much fun... even the nights dont cool down enough and running the gen and the a/c burning a gallon of gas an hour 24/7 gets pretty costly!
Ray

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

Wow,...I can't manage it, but I really hope you get some takers. I did the same trip like 30 years ago, and it was the vacation of a lifetime -- a different cove every night, and so many different shore critters. And the scenery!, the stars, and the moonlight cat-fishin'....and poker, all the music, sunburn, and upper-level drag starts on water skis!... Lake Powell is so unique, it could just as well be on a different planet, or visited from the holodeck of the starship Enterprise wink.gif

Have a great trip,.... to all of those that can make it.

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

I have lined up an 08 wakesetter, an 08 reinell runabout and a 3 up fishing boat for the trip and it dont get any better than that...
Only problem is that I have only six people other than myself lined up and I need at least two more to make it work.
If I dont get enough I will have to scrub the trip and give away my investment. Getting people to commit to going this year has been just short of a nightmare!

I have even dropped the price to $200 plus a share of the gas and food!
Even offered it as a fly in to Phoenix as I can get some people a ride up from there.

People just dont know what they are missing I guess.
Ray

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

I would be up for that in a heartbeat but I am going to be getting married and heading to Jamaica on that week.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

holy crap, gratz Jess!!

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Thanks sean!

67z400

#9 Post by 67z400 »

Dang that sounds like a blast. I would love to go and I do have some interest, but I usually need a few months notice to plan with the better half and work.