Cannondale Drag Racing

Speed 1B

Cannondale Drag Racing

#1 Post by Speed 1B »

Hello everyone. As some of you may know i am Cannondales only "offical" drag racer. (that i know of) With that being said i would just like to let everyone know how i am doing as the season is wrapping up. Ive been racing alomost every weekend here in PA some Pro Nt events and some open money races. I am still a fan favorite on the cannondale and i answer new questions for ppl that have never even heard of a cannondale every weekend. It amazes ppl that i am willing to "try" to compete with 450-500 banshees, Powervalve Rs Zillas...ect. So i really am popular with the fans wich makes us all look so good here at cannondale/ATK. I have been in the finals Of all the races ive been in in the last month winning twice, and losing to a 370 Stroker R the rest of the times. Losing is never good, but the 370 is ridden by my best friend and it is a very amazing mchine. Sunday i raced a 425 stroker banshee in the semis at Distant, and ate him up. Should have heard the crowd guys.....WOW. They love the 4 stroke. Mostly Amazed by it....lol. But its going great and we are running great. My Cdaleparts/Southbay Speed Is working excellently. Right now i am begining to work out a deal on the 460 For next year, so i can be even more dominating on my circuit. But right now My 440 With the southbay head is running with 10,000 race engines. Cant wait to see what kind of horse power Southbay has for me this winter. Well guys stay tuned as i do my best to Represent us the cannondale riders, My Fantastic Sponsors Cdaleparts.com,and Southbay Moto.:clap:

Ryanstones

Way to go Speed1B!!

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

Awesome! It's great to hear so many Kannon guys doing so well. Really cool how your crowds support you too.

:clap: :usa

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Great job! :clap:
How about showing some pictures of a little fried banshee. biggrin.gif

:usa

TurboJay

#4 Post by TurboJay »

Would like to see some pics of your ride. How about any tips for us lower category racers? Just simple stuff like gearing and what gear yo are able to start in. I can take most other quads but got beat by a rapter that was set up for drags. Just wondering if I could try something different next time.

saleen_1

#5 Post by saleen_1 »

thanks,we needed that.:clap:

Speed 1B

My Advice

#6 Post by Speed 1B »

The best advice i can offer is, get low. The cannondale is the hardest machine to keep down that i have ever launched. The only way you will ever win a drag race is if you can make your runs consistant. That means full throttle the entire way and in complete control. the only way i was able to acheive that was lowering. I used Shorter shocks of a honda 4x4 up front.....surprising ride too! And droped my stock shock in the back as much as i could. I may get a new shorter shock for next year but for now its working good. My gearing is a 14-42 sometimes a 13 depending on tires and track. I run 18'' tires on 300-250 ft tracks and 20s on long tracks. You can see my pics at www.cannondaler.com in the gallery. I hope this helps everyone out.

Brady

tipp

#7 Post by tipp »

thats sweet! a couple of my friends race(d) at distance its not real far from where i live/ride... if yah ever need some1 to go w/ u i am up for it

tipp

#8 Post by tipp »

distant**

Speed 1B

UPDATE

#9 Post by Speed 1B »

Hey guys just letting you knowhow this weekend went....it was a crazy one!!! I entered in 3 classes at Iron Valley. I really didnt know what to expect since it was my first time there. I got in the 250-450 class, open stock, and open mod or aka the "money" class. In the first class i completly missed my first shift....guys that just doesnt happen. I went back to the pits steamin. Looked down at my clutch lever and i see strands of cable everywhere. The clutch was holding by a single strand. I tightened it up as tight as i could and prayed it would last the day. I simply dominated the next two classes winning both opens and takin home a cool $100. no idea how it lasted but it did. beat an ESR prepped 365 R in the finals of the "stock" class.....ill never know how he got in....and a 500 some CC 400ex in the money class final. Lots of rs and a 700cc raptor in the money. I didnt let anyone within half track. Its screamin....once again.....i hear the question......Whats a cannondale? That thing is bad dude....nice job today.....i love to educate!! laugh.gif SOMEONE FIND ME A CLUTCH CABLE ASAP>>>>BEFORE WED. IF POSSIBLE. (Maz is out :cry: )

TurboJay

#10 Post by TurboJay »

I know R&S has them but if that doesn't work, I have a spare. You should probably get a spare yourself.

Thanks for the tips by the way. Sounds like you are doin a great job at upholding our dales.

Thanks,
Jason