the ebay horror show

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Whats up with ebay? I see 4 pages of auctions and everyhting is buy it now. Most everything is also laughably overpriced. $295 red front fenders,$150 used asso piston kits. It kind of feels wierd to make a best offer of $25 on a subframe the guy has listed $250 . Why are there dozens of auctions for new HMF exhaust systems? Are they flying off the shelf so fast he needs that many auctions just to keep up .LOL

2mike18

#2 Post by 2mike18 »

lol yeah I was wondering if the spare sets of plastic I had all of a sudden tripled in value. you would think that after the 3rd time listing those items one would recheck the acutal market value.

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

Yeah the used and scuffed $150 bin liner with a starting bid of $100 was a bit of a laugh... kind of want to send a note that a whole new piston kit can be had for not much more!
Seems to be the way alot of sellers are going on e-bay these days, no market research and see if you can snag a sucker. I think it has something to do with the free listings they are handing out now a days.

2mike18

#4 Post by 2mike18 »

so I wanted to bump this cause I just saw a used fuel pump for $99.99 or b.o. and a frame for $399.99. The last and hardest thing I have seen people try to sell is the frame on a part out and they practically give em away trying to do so. Its painfully obvious they dont check the market value before posting items or they only post them to appease the wife and price them so high nobody will buy them. just a thought

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

We do have to be realistic though. When you think about it, these frames should be worth more then the $50 to $100 they typically go for lately. I don't know if anyone has ever scrapped on out but you may almost get that depending on aluminum prices. Then take piston and liners. We are spoiled with the cost of the stock kits. You typically can't even buy a piston for the same price with any other machine.

But what it ends up coming down to with anything is stuff is only worth what people are willing to pay. Most of these guys you see with high prices are places that part out all kinds of machines it seems like and they are just pricing according to what they price similar items from diferent machines.

2000ex

#6 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (peterock @ Oct 6 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We do have to be realistic though. When you think about it, these frames should be worth more then the $50 to $100 they typically go for lately. I don't know if anyone has ever scrapped on out but you may almost get that depending on aluminum prices. Then take piston and liners. We are spoiled with the cost of the stock kits. You typically can't even buy a piston for the same price with any other machine.

But what it ends up coming down to with anything is stuff is only worth what people are willing to pay. Most of these guys you see with high prices are places that part out all kinds of machines it seems like and they are just pricing according to what they price similar items from diferent machines.

Yep, and that is why we have the Cannondale Hoarders Anonymous...actually John should change that as we are not anonymous at all. I always tell my other riding buddies the deals I score and they just say...ANOTHER ONE and make this face rolleyes.gif

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

I just dont understand why the high starting bid prices. Nothing gets you off a watch list faster than a high starting bid. If they threw everything up with a decent bid on a frame of $50 then they would see it would only be bid up to the realistic market value. But when you whip it up for $700 starting bid /buy it now what do they think when it gets zero bids week after week? Ya if cannondale was still in business or ATK didnt do what they did sure you could ask normal prices for stuff but when the majority of Dales are being parted out it aint going to happen.

Dachshund

#8 Post by Dachshund »

Wondering if I should scoop this up before someone else does????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CANNONDALE-...sQ5fAccessories

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

I have bought 2 or 3 items from this guy that were reasonably priced, but a lot of his stuff is over retail price. He ships fast and cheap shipping. But I was tempted to give him a ring and let him know the real prices for half of his stuff.....

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

laugh.gif