new spare parts ready to go :)

kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

That crack above is where he was talking about looking for one..... blink.gif

moto440

#12 Post by moto440 »

yea it was a timbo port, and you did build it happyboy. i was wondering the same since i saw no sign of why the engine dropped a valve. i thought at first maybe the decomp, but everything was intact under the valve cover. main bearing are fine too. the engine didnt have a motor mount update and the cradle has a small crack in it. oil was clean he said when the engine was drained

so its looks like i have a case to weld LOL something else to do over winter maybe. dunno bout the head, not sure its worth trying to save yet, too bad nice port work

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

Hmmm..it did run for a while before it dropped a valve. It had the sticky bucket update so thats not it. Did you find any signs of retainer failure on the valves?

moto440

#14 Post by moto440 »

i havent taken the head apart yet but will in the next couple days and will post up what i find out. yea he said it had been run for about a year

ABM-CANNIBAL

#15 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I did only run for almost exactly a year. It was just sitting in my garage waiting for me to decide what to do with the whole quad.

moto440

#16 Post by moto440 »

the sleeve has a couple slight marks in it, i may try running it depending on what a piston costs vs a whole 97mm kit which was around 500 last i knew. the plan now will be to weld the crack, and get a new piston and get my spare head ported and put this back together as a backup engine. i rolled the dice and threw the crank in my other 432 engine which was apart for a crank rebuild so this engine will get the rebuilt stock crank in it. hopefully i will get the engine back in the quad this weekend and have it running. and if it would ever stop raining maybe i could go ride before snow hits LOL

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

You have ambition dude!Way to go.

moto440

#18 Post by moto440 »

So with a 432 piston it appears ok. I was in PA today and stopped by tims house and dropped off a spare 432 pistonto be cut for thestroker crank and the 97mm sleeve to be checked to be sure it's useable and get the right size piston. Great guy nice to meet some more guysin the dale community. Dam nice shop he has too. I was drooling

2000ex

#19 Post by 2000ex »

Tim is a great guy, no doubt about that. He has a few old cranks lying around the shop doesn't he blink.gif

canniballz

#20 Post by canniballz »

Hey guys, just reading your post. I seen you said tim lives in pa, Where abouts in pa? I was just wondering incase i ever want to stop out to get some stuff done. I live in western pa. (GO STEELERS). Thanks.