Dumont Dunes

kevin444

#1 Post by kevin444 »

hello all,

it seems that most of you don't live on the west coast, but me a group of people are heading out to "Dumont" for the thanksgiving weekend. Never been, but have heard nothing good about these dunes! i pretty sure were heading out thursday and will camp possibly until sunday. we dont have a toy hauler or any other sweet toys "Ray" but plan on having a blast! will just be sleeping in tents, but im you bet plenty of spirits and food.... this will be our first big ride since the 4th of july after killing all of our machines in 120+* weather in the Utah dunes........ and the weather probably cant be any better. kinda crazy that it is in the low 40's today in Las Vegas after a cool front came in.......

let me know if you want to meet up...... i've never seen another dale run before

Kevin

kevin444

#2 Post by kevin444 »

bump.... no one?

BigRob

#3 Post by BigRob »

QUOTE (kevin444 @ Oct 30 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bump.... no one?

I will be at Cal City then. The should be several other C-Dales out there with us!
I have been to dumont before. (Riding area not very big and on holidays way to crowded for me.)
I will post directions on the other sight when I get a chance.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Sounds like fun Kevin, have fun for us!

Kuma

#5 Post by Kuma »

Kevin,
as stated above, a Holiday weekend is not the way to experience Dumont for the first time, it will likely leave a bad impression, too many people for the area and expect the dunes to be extreemly chopped up.
I am thinking about the possibility of hitting Dumont the weekend of the 14th, if interested let me know, maybe we can talk class900 into coming out.

Juss

#6 Post by Juss »

Hey guys I just got my dale charging(Thanks Caniboomer)yesterday.My frinds may be going to dumont mid november.Maybe we can all meet up.Im the only dale rider in my group

BigRob

#7 Post by BigRob »

kevin444

#8 Post by kevin444 »

thanks for all the input guys; been beat up with some BS flu symtoms. probably wont make it out until that weekend due to work and spending time with the family; their heading out of town for the holiday and im going out to the dunes. im sure its gonna be slammed, but thats alright looking for the overall experience; i also agree that the dunes will be tore up! either way will be out there from thurs to sunday hopefully. also, waiting on my buddies banshee motor to be built; tricked out 421 should be nice; so far the dale takes him every time and its far from stock...haha

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

I need to get out there. Any Midwesterners interested in a Dune trip? Would definitly need two or three more people who are commited to do this. Last year it costed each of us $600 to do a 10 day trip in which we hit at least 4 riding areas between CA and WI. That included everything including campin, gas and food. Well worth it and $ cant be put on meeting these experienced dune guys and riding with them.

mydreamride

#10 Post by mydreamride »

you know i'm in for another dune trip steve