Dirt wheels

kdeal

#51 Post by kdeal »

Did any of you guys ride prior to the year 2000? How many times did you see an anouncement on the front of any of the quad magazines (have to say Dirtwheels was the worst at it) showing a bike saying it was the next great thing? Yamaha never brought out a 250cc 2 stroke quad. But almost once every 6 months somebody stuffed a YFZ250 motor into a Banshee frame and called it on the burner at Yamaha. They weren't the only ones. It was CR500 motors stuffed into a 250R frame calling it the next Quadzilla killer, etc. I don't believe none of the could be stories. If they don't explicitly state that the bike is production ready, I just look at it for ideas. In this case the motor is the interesting part, BUT I have yet to see the HP in real life. I am only skeptical of the claims. They had signs up every where at the Dealer show two years ago bragging about huge HP numbers from the 450. If they are true and the motor is reliable, I will find it a good home in a chassis. wink.gif

jesshamner

#52 Post by jesshamner »

How did I miss this topic. I was going to guess exactly what Peterock said. Just another early teaser to something to come all to see if there is any interest. In the mean time, it ruffles some of our feathers. The way I see it, we have been tweaking this machine for years. Mostly motors but there are threads about plastic, a arms, swingarms and shocks. We're ahead of the game when it comes to making this design better. We have the possibility to make some money off aftermarket parts or at the very least, we might get some new parts to play with.

It's so early at this point, I could never make a positive or negative judgement about the quad or the company. I guess I'm the type of person that believes it when I see the finished product in dealerships, especially when it comes to Cannondale revivals.

P.S. I hope they use a steering stem that is raked back towards the rider a little more. I have to lean too far foward as it is and I have the stem that is angled back. I could never use that straight one.

cannondale27

#53 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Dec 29 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did any of you guys ride prior to the year 2000? How many times did you see an anouncement on the front of any of the quad magazines (have to say Dirtwheels was the worst at it) showing a bike saying it was the next great thing? Yamaha never brought out a 250cc 2 stroke quad. But almost once every 6 months somebody stuffed a YFZ250 motor into a Banshee frame and called it on the burner at Yamaha. They weren't the only ones. It was CR500 motors stuffed into a 250R frame calling it the next Quadzilla killer, etc. I don't believe none of the could be stories. If they don't explicitly state that the bike is production ready, I just look at it for ideas. In this case the motor is the interesting part, BUT I have yet to see the HP in real life. I am only skeptical of the claims. They had signs up every where at the Dealer show two years ago bragging about huge HP numbers from the 450. If they are true and the motor is reliable, I will find it a good home in a chassis. wink.gif

Kdeal thats because the only performance quad out back then was the Banshee.300ex was Hondas.People were desperate and the hybrids were the solution at the time.They were everywhere.Now there are plenty of great quads out there and frankly the only time I see articles like this are in the April issue..You know.April Fools! laugh.gif

moto440

#54 Post by moto440 »

i want a 70hp v twin version of the engine to put into one of my dales smile.gif vtwin would sound cool smile.gif be interesting to see where this goes, an alternative powerplant might be an interesting venture for these machines too

Supermotodad51

#55 Post by Supermotodad51 »

QUOTE (moto440 @ Dec 30 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i want a 70hp v twin version of the engine to put into one of my dales smile.gif vtwin would sound cool smile.gif be interesting to see where this goes, an alternative powerplant might be an interesting venture for these machines too

V twin will be 85 or 115 hp.trail or race .
that is RW not crank
and yes,the V-Twin, biggrin.gif it does sound very very cool.

kdeal

#56 Post by kdeal »

Hehehehe

[attachment=9741:ATK_HP_Claimb.jpg]
[attachment=9740:New_ATK_Motors_2_b.jpg]

moto440

#57 Post by moto440 »

It would be interesting to see how the vtwin would fit in our chassis and the price but for that kind of power wow

cannondale27

#58 Post by cannondale27 »

If you are seriously looking for a motor to put in our chassis I would take a look at the new YZF reverse cylinder motor.Timbo is just waiting for the chance to dive into that motor since much is very similar to ours but possibly better.Will only be a matter of time before these YZF motors become available very cheap.

moto440

#59 Post by moto440 »

You read my mind steve I had been thinkin about that since I saw the concept pics of that motor. It would prob be be simple to adapt

cannondale27

#60 Post by cannondale27 »

I bet with some help from Scooter we can even use our fuelinjection or maybe thiers.Save costs.