Ever seen these

trav

#81 Post by trav »

So you got it from someone else, thanks for the info that adds another name to the list I can cuss out my buddy for biggrin.gif
as Happyboy said above, I can give you the background of that machine and every part on. Yea it pisses me off on what happened, but it aint your fault you "POSSES" it now. by the way, he give you a bunch of spare parts too? wheels,plastics,engine cases,heads,ect.... these are parts he was also "storing" for me.

raremoto440

#82 Post by raremoto440 »

I got the plastics, one side case, and the wheels and tires that where on it. No head, not even a motor. I did get the seat too. Sorry that this happened this way, you really cant trust anyone anymore. It might have been Paul that I got it from, I got it in New Enterprise PA.

cannondale27

#83 Post by cannondale27 »

unsure.gif I never saw the last parts of this thread. Oops no wonder why I got the tank so cheap! Travis if you really badly want it back we will talk.

Anyway I got it at group ride. Made my day since I do not like the clutter of stock setup. I took it out and tested it. Then jury rigged it to the quad leaving all stock stuff intact and it ran well. Held about 44psi well. Since I crashed and had to remove most stuff anyway I decided to put it on.
Caniboomer was a huge help and basically made up hoses and high pressure filter setup sight unseen. He also sent a nice little fuel pressure guage which I used rather than plugging off return to regulator. So yes there is only one line coming out of the tank now. Is wierd not even hearing the pump when tank is full. I did run into a issue. Immediately when motor is shut off fuel pressure goes right back down to zero. Still starts and runs fine but not right and I have seen where pressure will vary probably because of air getting in lines. So either I need to build in a check valve or fix the one in the pump if it has it. Sucks I missed that issue but will find a way around it in hopes of having it all together for the two Harescrambles this weekend.
[attachment=10625:In_Tank_Pump_001.jpg]
[attachment=10626:In_Tank_Pump_002.jpg]
[attachment=10627:In_Tank_Pump_003.jpg]
[attachment=10628:In_Tank_Pump_004.jpg]
[attachment=10629:In_Tank_Pump_005.jpg]

cannondale27

#84 Post by cannondale27 »

Going to try attaching this check valve that Wistech gave me when we were looking for a solution to leaky oil pump check ball. Glad I don't throw anything away. I just turned it down, added some barbs for a hose and will stick it on the regulator. Otherwise search is on for a replacement pump.

Travis I have alot of work in this already. You need to get ahold of me by end of week or I don't want to hear anymore about your claims to the tank. Thanks.

[attachment=10630:In_Tank_Pump.jpg]
[attachment=10632:In_tank_fuel_pump.JPG]

kdeal

#85 Post by kdeal »

Steve, will this whole set-up fit a stock tank or is the tank formed differently? Brad has a few of the pumps in stock and I believe they may still be available, what else is needed?

PS: try leaning out the idle circuit (smaller number) as the fuel set-up Boomer uses causes the motor to get fuel faster. I have found in extreme cases it runs a little rich!

cannondale27

#86 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Sep 23 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve, will this whole set-up fit a stock tank or is the tank formed differently? Brad has a few of the pumps in stock and I believe they may still be available, what else is needed?

PS: try leaning out the idle circuit (smaller number) as the fuel set-up Boomer uses causes the motor to get fuel faster. I have found in extreme cases it runs a little rich!

This will fit any tank even the old style but it is in a 03 tank right now. It runs and starts fine. No issues there. I don't understand why any fuel setup would be any different than stock. The P.S.I. restriction is the regulator as long as that is same regulated pressure should be no difference unless there is some other problem. Which I don't and never had once stock quickconnects were gutted or removed. The motor only uses less than a gallon a hr and as is evidenced from the HUGE amount of fuel returned to the tank stock pump produces plenty of volume probably approaching a 100 gal a hr. I will give Brad a call for a new pump. I believe that is all I need unless the pumps never had a check valve. Thanks for the tip.

cannondale27

#87 Post by cannondale27 »

The checkvalve did not work.No change.In looking at the pump closer on top near plug there is a small hole with a spring in it so I assume that is the checkvalve.Pump is bleeding off before regulator so adding checkvalve at reg.didnt do anything.Crud is issue.Like the tank which I cleaned pump also had crud in it.I got some of it out and blew air in pump checkvalve.Now when it is shut off fuel pressure slowly drops.Takes about 15sec to drop to 0.Still not right and will try some more but if not anymore succesful I am just going to run it in hope that it eventually clears itself out.

UpsMan

#88 Post by UpsMan »

Nice job on the steering stem.

cannondale27

#89 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Sep 24 2010, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice job on the steering stem.

That will be for the drag quad laugh.gif

cannondale27

#90 Post by cannondale27 »

wacko.gif Now the rubber seal between tank and flange is degrading since our junk E10 gas is in it. So that and pump will need replacing. It runs great and holds steady pressure while its running. No leaks. Went to far to go back now and sick of gas stinking up everything. So off to the races I go in morning. Still hoping to run the wide race quad on sunday but the massive rain we got will ensure running the Blaze Sat. Should be a good test. Heres the gang ready to hit it. WanaBlaze I really got to thank you for the plastic. I will take care of it. Also your choice of a meeting place could not have been any better. What a way to end the day. A drink and Hooters! Nice ones too. Didn't know you had it in ya:lol: