Rare find??????

MX Quad Dad

#1 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I had to chuckle.. A Cannibal on ebay and the owner say's it was just rebuilt by a certified cannondale mechanic.

I just thought, some people will say anything to make a sale. Maybe Cannondale did certify mechanics but, unless the certification last seven years, i would think it is expired by now.

Funny thing is, When the requirement for auto mechanic certification started here, there was no requirement for retesting. just an annual dues. and they had some really stupid questions. the one that sticks in my mind (for over thirty years now) was about what the inside of a coil looks like. I knew the answer because of something we did in a high school science class but, can't figure out why the geniuses that wrote the test would ask a question like this on a non serviceable part (maybe they were serviceable on the model T's) instead of asking how to determine if it is bad.

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

That made me laugh too when I saw it.

MX Quad Dad

#3 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I must have still been asleep when I posted this. I thought I was in the open forum section wacko.gif

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Would being built by a certified Cannondale mechanic actually be a selling point? An R@D update certified tech would be what your looking for.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I see what you mean wistech. there were only a couple cannondale dealerships here and I wouldn't let them touch our quads. But I also wouldn't buy one from them either. bought one from cernic's in PA. and the other from R&S in IN.

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

Cannondale did have a training program and I hear they treated the attendee's like gold. They did a complete teardown and reassembly and gave them a T-shirt! C'dale even provided job security to the attendees by building in a variety of assembly issues into all the motors!

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Is true.The class was a good one in my opinion especially considering at the time nobody was doing any work on Fuelinjected quads.They addressed the fear alot of shops had on working on them by having these classes.

gary681

#8 Post by gary681 »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Mar 21 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see what you mean wistech. there were only a couple cannondale dealerships here and I wouldn't let them touch our quads. But I also wouldn't buy one from them either. bought one from cernic's in PA. and the other from R&S in IN.
Is R & S in indiana,still open? they were the original owners of my quad,tried to email them but didnt get a reply. i wonder if they did any updates on them?

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

I think R@S was done long before updates came along. Maybe 2003?

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I bought my Speed from him in the fall of 03. I had delt with him after that and think he was planning on being an ATK dealer but, don't know if that ever happened.

His auto repair part of his bussness was very busy so he may have let the bikes and quads go.

I did call him last year but, it was about burning a chip for my sons mud truck and he seemed busy and it was hard getting him on the phone so I never asked about the dales or ATK