I've been violated!

Canniboomer

#21 Post by Canniboomer »

The odds are also good that those scumbags will eventually be looking for spare parts and misc info. I'll keep those bikes in mind with new customer inquiries.

MX Quad Dad

#22 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ May 7 2010, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put this thread in the post whores subforum. Most of the people that would actually spot the parts or the quad are in there anyway. And if newer member comes on selling stuff they won't see the thread.

Go ahead and rub it in ol 3344 post,LOL.. I've been here longer aand still haven't made it in yet.

Sorry for your loss ken. I will keep an eye out up here. one thing you have going for you is the thiefs can't be to smart. if they stole them to ride, its hard to blend in with the jap quads. if they stole them to sell. dalees don't have a fast sale record

a list and better pics of the custom stuff might help on you regular quad but if I read it right the other one was new so, all original???

2000ex

#23 Post by 2000ex »

I am sure they will turn up one way or another. Far too unique not to if theses scum were looking for some money. Ken's bikes are immaculate so my only hope is when you get them back they are at least in decent shape sad.gif Nothing worse in the world than a thief

kdeal

#24 Post by kdeal »

Guys, I appreciate the sentiments. I have been a little numb this week with the flu and the thefts. I am taking everyone on this thread seriously, and listening to all options. With no real place to ride down here, it's going to be tough to try and track down. I put the word out with a few of the local shops. There probably isn't 5 running Cannondales in the entire area anyway, so if these clowns try to ride them I am sure they will be spotted. Both of my bikes have a lot of blue on them (another rarity), so I think if I can get the word out and they slip up I may be in luck. I will post pics and VIN numbers tonight or tomorrow.

Boomer: I was thinking the same thing. I will give you, Brad & Pete the info in an e-mail.

Thanks again guys,
Ken

smitty 78

#25 Post by smitty 78 »

Just let me know of the spots there is to ride around the area trespassing or not I'll trailer my bike down and ride.. I will call all the shops from Ft. Lauderdale to Stuart today... we will find it Ken! They are bound to slip up! They all do! I'd even call the Autozone that we went to.. You never know if they try to find a sparkplug there or not and I'm sure they would go to Ray's shop too..as long as they keep them in the public riding spot these will be easy to find I got people looking I put a thread on atvflorida.com and I've had 53 people look at it so far and one response of a guy that go down there every weekend.. PI Smitty is determind to find your bikes!

kdeal

#26 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (smitty 78 @ May 7 2010, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just let me know of the spots there is to ride around the area trespassing or not ill trailer my bike down and ride.. i will call all the shops from ft. lauderdale to stuart today... we will find it ken! they are bound to slip up! they all do! id even call the autozone that we went to.. you never know if they try to find a sparkplug there or not and im sure they would go to rays shop too..as long as they keep them in the public riding spot these wil be easy to find i got people looking i put a thread on atvflorida.com and ive had 53 people look at it so far and one response of a guy that go down there every weekend.. PI Smitty is determind to find your bikes!

Thanks! I called Ray yesterday and left a voice mail. I sent you a text this morning on your phone.

moto440

#27 Post by moto440 »

dam ken sooooo sorry to hear this, but the good thing is the cannondales are such oddballs that you will hopefully find them, you cant do anything with them and not attract attention,

dont forget to weekly at least check every craigslist section in florida for cannondale key word too, i would also make color signs and post them everywhere you possibly can with pics of the atvs and your contact info and stuff

Dachshund

#28 Post by Dachshund »

I don't have a problem with hiding this thread if it will help find the sub humans. The problem is there will be less exposure to the good guys that want to help. unsure.gif

I do suggest if it does pop up somewhere that the FL guys on here not respond directly and get a hold of me or anyone of us on here that are far from FL. That way the suspicion by the low life's wont be triggered. Ken, I'll freaking drive anywhere you need if they turn up just to bring some justice to this situation. Just let me know.

Hang in there Ken.

polyesterpig

#29 Post by polyesterpig »

Ken, Sorry to hear about your quad.

I built my son a custom fixed gear bicycle for Christmas and then he was jumped 3 days later by 4 kids. I searched for the kids and couldn't find them. I then went to all the bike shops and posted a picture of the bike offering a reward. After a week, I was taking down the Christmas lights and the kid that actually jumped him was across the street on a different bike. I went inside the house and asked my son if it was the kid and he said yes. I bolted across the street and detained the kid by holding onto his bike until the cops came. I ended up getting the bike back that day. The police found 8 bicycles, laptops, tools, computers, etc in the 13 year olds garage. Like your Cannondale, the bicycle had custom parts that I had made and no other bikes had. It will be tough for them to sell it or ride it without being noticed.

My point is don't give up, and sad to say, the criminals might show up again (just like the kid did), knowing there is still more in the garage. This might be your opportunity to catch them. Be sure to ask your neighbors to keep an eye out for the next few weeks.

Hope you nail the ********! mad.gif

kdeal

#30 Post by kdeal »

Stephen & Jason,
There are friends and then there are guys who go above and beyond. You are both the later. In fact most of the guys on this site are a special breed. I will make it up to you guys. I just got some more bad news in the fact that my wonderful homeowners insurance won't pay for anything.