Indy Dealer Show

wistech

#131 Post by wistech »

So was Highland using ATK's marketing theme song in thier booth at the Indy show. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wwttxW5hMg

Ive been around Cannondales a long time . If there is one thing I have seen over and over and over again is outragous claims about one thing or another lifting our hopes only to be smashed to pieces afterwards.
ATK cranks
Winky cranks
Falicon cranks
cwr cams
every aftermarket exhaust
14,000 rpm ball bearing main bearings
kiibblewhite valves/springs
JE pistons
the list goes on
The only real sucess that ever came about was when we did things ourselves and not the guys with dollar signs in thier eyes.

So go ahead and come on here and try to tell us that you have the best powerplant since the engine was invented ,deliver not even as much as a shred of back up data or proof and dont expect any srutinized critcism. Go ahead we are getting used to it.

Or you could do what you should have done FIRST and show us the video of you putting a proven bone stock 37hp Dale on a dyno , rolling it off and rolling on Travis's hybrid and doubling the horsepower.
Then maybe just maybe we will believe it and jump on board and you might have some conversion sales.

I have not read the Dirtwheels article and will never buy the mag to read it either. I canceled my subscription after reading thier article about the z400 being a better performance quad than a Cannondale because it was easier to ride.

No more broken hearts
We're better off apart
Let's give it a try
Tell me ,Tell me, Tell me....

This post is now on my ignore list.

jesshamner

#132 Post by jesshamner »

I disagree. But that has to be the worst video I have ever seen. Wish I had that 3 minutes back.

Happyboy

#133 Post by Happyboy »

fleetwood mac. rawr!

MX Quad Dad

#134 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Feb 25 2010, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think we should allow them to screw people over either. But they aren't even close to that yet. They have 1 prototype so far. Don't go basing your judgement on a stupid DirtWheels article. Or what they claim their engine (that hasn't been finished yet) can do in the HP department. Better yet, don't judge at all until you have grabbed the handlebars yourself.

And we are not their target customers. Why would they target a VERY small, tight knit community, that has a strange obsession with a dying breed of atv? You underestimate the kids over at atvriders. Sure a lot of them can't afford to buy something like a highly specialized quad and they buy what their friends are buying. But Richie Rich lives over at atvriders as well. You know, the guy that shows up to the track with all the latest and greatest with a completely decked out quad but can't ride worth a $h!t.

Well, I wasn't realy meaning each and everyone of us, just people like us. I would say there is a small group of people that would go through the learning experiances and put up with the problems of owning an exotic quad. I know people here in MI that pay 100% over the price they could buy the parts from Ohio, Just because they don't want to mail order but, Mail ordering parts is becoming more normal and maybe it will make-up for a small dealer network but, they would still have to overcome the brand loyalties from the members of the other forums you talk about and most of them people would need mechanics to work on them which leaves you with a local dealer who hasn't even seen or heard about your quad until you brought it in.

I also hate to say, if they are going into production of 200 quads, they are targeting a VERY small group of people.

and that richie rich kid isn't going to get them anymore sales (if anything this guy is going to hurt sales) sitting on his quad in the pits with a million and one excuses. even as stupid as I was back in my MX days I never wanted or did anyone else I knew ever buy the bike our "richie rich" had. By the way what ever happened to CZ. I never even bothered to find out what CZ stood for

I only see the rant here as people here calling Highland out on their claims. which would and has happened to other people here before. I have read post on others who have made hybrids out of their dale chassies and have had many compliments from people here, including the people on this thread calling Highland out on their claims. So I don't see the obsessed attacking just because they changed our quad so to speek.

I have said it before, I do wish them luck. I do not own a quad manufacturing company let alone a profitting one. so my opinion is just that. and I would wish any company like them luck especially one that is going to make a few jobs in the USA.

And I still say, we are their target customer and by we I me people like us and a few of us. even the "KIDS" over at EXriders know a company planning on building a few hundred quads ain't going to have the cash to help much as far as sponsership. Heck even at a few thousand quads they probubly would not have enough to pay a good pro rider.

UpsMan

#135 Post by UpsMan »

Am I the only one that noticed the full page add on page 31 of the April dirt wheels? The same issue that praises the Highland quad and bike? How can the Dirt Wheels staff objectively revue the products of a company that has a full page add in the same issue? I realize this isn't Consumer Reports, but geez. This is why I don't like dirt wheels. The same thing happens all the time. They revue a new product and say its great. I guarrantee you in the same issue you will find that same product advertised. Seems like a joke really.

MX Quad Dad

#136 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Feb 28 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one that noticed the full page add on page 31 of the April dirt wheels? The same issue that praises the Highland quad and bike? How can the Dirt Wheels staff objectively revue the products of a company that has a full page add in the same issue? I realize this isn't Consumer Reports, but geez. This is why I don't like dirt wheels. The same thing happens all the time. They revue a new product and say its great. I guarrantee you in the same issue you will find that same product advertised. Seems like a joke really.

Like I always say, why pay for dirtwheels when you can go to the dealer and get the brochure for free wacko.gif . other than the ads that lead me to YSA and Troy Racing I don't think I ever got any useful information out of that rag.

jesshamner

#137 Post by jesshamner »

The readers rides section is the only thing I really look at in dirtwheels. Sometimes I read the articles to see how bias they are.

MX Quad Dad

#138 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Yeah, forgot about that, I always like reading the readers rides section.

Supermotodad51

#139 Post by Supermotodad51 »

Wanted to warmly,invite every one that visits this site,to the US Highland Open House and fun ride, at the new completed Us Highland factory. Located in Glinpool OK.
The details are at http://www.ushighland.com
The date is May 30th at 8 AM.all are welcome, Tours ,Rides, BBQ, Answers to questions.
Please check out the invitation.
Kurt. biggrin.gif

Dachshund

#140 Post by Dachshund »

You mean Glenpool, correct? I would be there but the date conflicts with our spring ride. I did get to see the facility the other day from the road. It was late and the gate was closed. WOW that is bright yellow.