Road Trip to Ohio, PA

jacobw

#1 Post by jacobw »

Well this weekend the wifey and me loaded up the the little Pontiac Sunfire and headed to Ohio to pick up a rolling chassis for my gasser project. We left out friday drove all day got and stayed in Columbus, Ohio. We got up the next morning headed to Magnolia and picked up my roller at Kevin's house. Mind you we disassembled it and put it in a back seat and trunk of a compact car. Then I looked at Kevin's collection of fine Cannondales. I think he was trying to get me to buy another. Just to let him know I have dibs on stars and stripes. We left Kevin's after a hour or so of talking then headed toward Erie, Pa. My wife wanted to see Lake Erie. (we are from Missouri). So we drove around the pennisula took a lot of photos. I must say its was a wonderful place. We lodged in the travel lodge later that evening. Sun morning we got up drove out to Tim's to see his collection of dales and visit. I must say my wife loved the Country of PA and Tim called me she wants to MOVE!!! We got the grand tour of the shop and we headed to Beechwood I believe and ate it was a good meal. I was saddened we now had to leave home what a bummer a 13-14 hour drive back home to Missouri. We I guess that means we pack up and do it again sometime. This time not to wait 7 years to make it out that way.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats cool! Sounds like you have a good one there. Come on up my way sometime.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

I will be making another trip soon. Tim wants me to come up for some snowmobiling

speed2424

#4 Post by speed2424 »

It was great having you here. Next time we should do some riding.

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

QUOTE (speed2424 @ Oct 25 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was great having you here. Next time we should do some riding.

Ya it was great I will bring my bike down, I also need a solid swinger and what about some silver plastic. I need to come back down and buy some more of your collection

speed2424

#6 Post by speed2424 »

QUOTE (jacobw @ Oct 26 2010, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also need a solid swinger

They have web sites for "swingers" & I'm sure you could find a "solid" one there if that is the kind of thing you are into.

As for Cannondale stuff, I have solid swing arms & new silver plastic here.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Got any silver rears?

speed2424

#8 Post by speed2424 »

A few, but I would prefer to sell them as a complete set since I have an abundance of new fronts & new side spars.

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

Also when i come back i am buying some rolling with a motor that runs lol

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

Sounds like an awesome trip! I love to go new places and see new things and don't mind driving for days.

Some of my friends blow me away when they say "no, that's 2 hours away, that's too far to go"... Whatever!!!