ABC News

marshall100

#11 Post by marshall100 »

It's no better in the uk. There was that 'heist' done last year when these guys robbed a shop in the dead of night and used a couple of stolen quads to get away on. Unfortunately for them they decided to escape down a railway track, more unfortunately there was a service train comming the other way.

Needless to say it's not something even the best yamaha grizzly could win against and both the numpties involved perished.

The papers and tv over here went nuts, quads were hailed as increidbly dangerous life threatening machines etc etc. Which of course they are. The thing that always gets me about the uk is they simply have no idea how to classify quads as road vehicles, they're not bikes and they're not cars, bot both elements of the MOT crossover as part of the test. To top it all off you are not legally obliged to wear a helmet while on the road. Do that on a bike and you'll be in trouble with the law.

So it's stunning. On one hand you've got everyon with an opinion saying 'ban this sick filth' and then on the other you've got every government official saying 'erm..... what's a quad? and by the way we don't give a monkies if you were a helmet on the road!'

My twins are both three and the rules are simple. They never use their LT50 unsupervised, and never without a helmet. In fact I crap myself if I'm not holding on to the tether!

gml1998

#12 Post by gml1998 »

Once again the "Media" tells you what they want you to hear. While I am an advocate of free speech ,I would like to know why the media almost never airs any "feel good" stories.
Where are the stories of the thousands of people and families that have great times on their Quads?? I'm sorry to say that kind of news doesn't sell .
My wife and I spent a week on ATV's this past May for our 25th wedding anniversary,how come there was no news coverage about the great time we had?

The media tells you exactly what they want you to hear, which is why I never turn the news on.I get tired of Doom and Gloom news.

UpsMan

#13 Post by UpsMan »

I never watch the news anymore either. Especially the network news. It just has zero value. The local news is a little better. I get sick of hearing about everything with such a liberal slant. Its funny really. No wonder this country is so messed up. If you watch tv, you'd swear everyone in this country was a nuetered weenie with no balls. But I get around everyday on my route and see the real american spirit is alive and well. I see lots of tough, independent brave people everyday that just want the government off their backs. Unfortunately I see a few latte drinking homos too that want to ban everything fun because it has some elements of danger. I had to laugh my *** off when I saw something about the new danger to children being sore thumbs from texting too much. Maybe there should be a law regulating how many text a child under 16 can send per day...after all, if it saves just one child.........

pcleiter

#14 Post by pcleiter »

The ignorance/contempt of a few make things ugly for many.

The story starts out with a text headline 'Should there be age limits?' Duh - there ARE age limits already. (Side speculation thought here - just caught also that this study was done by researchers at Hopkins, which is in Balto, MD. It the researchers live or work near the Hopkins Hospital in the city, no doubt they've been subject to the behavior of the thugs who regularly ride around the city on ATVs. They've got real problems with ATVs in that town. No wonder they'd want more regulation on them.)

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafe...keinjuries.html

We need to keep children off of bicycles as well

And never ever transport children in a motor vehicle http://www.cdc.gov/MotorVehicleSafety/Chil...-Factsheet.html

They should be kept in an enclcosed safety bubble pack covered room until they are at least 16 .

Did anyone see the football player that was paralized from quad riding. Funny they didnt say anything about the deaths and paralized kids who played football....

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

http://www.cdc.gov/HomeandRecreationalSafe...s-factsheet.htm
Playgrounds are just children meat grinders as well.

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

I thought they already outlawed playgrounds?

MX Quad Dad

#18 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Oct 29 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And never ever transport children in a motor vehicle http://www.cdc.gov/MotorVehicleSafety/Chil...-Factsheet.html

Boy, the hospitals would get over crowded real fast laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif they get to come home when they get thier drivers licence. blink.gif

MX Quad Dad

#19 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Oct 29 2010, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The media tells you exactly what they want you to hear, which is why I never turn the news on.I get tired of Doom and Gloom news.

sad thing is, they televise what makes them money. and they most likely use web site activity to justify ratings and and prices they charge for advertising. and everyone hitting those links are probubly helping them raise their prices. and a lot of hits for this telacast will most likely give them a reason to do another

As far as I can think weather it is phone calls or hits on a web site, they count each phone call or visit to a web site and it doesn't matter weather the the person calling or visiting the site liked the program or not it still counts as a +1 for their rating

Should take the links out as it is just helping ABC

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Good point.I agree delete them.