Oxy fuel

cannondalemaine

#1 Post by cannondalemaine »

So I am on the quest for a little more power. Wistech told me about u4.4, I have read about it have heard good things. Just wondering if any one here has tried it. Also heard something in this forum that removing the flywheel magnets were good for 2 hp on dyno? This is strictly drag quad I am building. What would the effects of removing these magnets be and do you think it is bad for the engine? Thanks

cannondalemaine

#2 Post by cannondalemaine »

I run race gas already but would I have to re-dyno tune with the oxygenated fuel

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

It depends on how much time was spent on the ignition timing map as to how well the U4.4 works. On a stock map you could easily get 3hp. Now E85 lets you really do some ignition and fuel tuning and you will gain hp 2+ even over Oxy fuels but at a price since its a pain to deal with.

As for the little hp tricks such as no filter, non oring chain, no stator, rearbrake spread apart. I only see about a 1/2 hp gain at 60hp level but it is more if say at 50hp. In other words when making over 55hp it seems every little thing needs to be done and you are just fighting for even 1/2hp gains. But you never know if the guy next to you has that 1/2 hp advantage and it could make the difference.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (cannondalemaine @ Dec 4 2010, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I run race gas already but would I have to re-dyno tune with the oxygenated fuel

You wouldnt have to but you wont gain any or very little hp unless you do. Normally Oxy fuel leans AFR by around 1/2 a point and power is gained when you tune it back to what it was on regular gas.

cannondalemaine

#5 Post by cannondalemaine »

Thanks alot for the info, i will get on the phone with my dyno tune guy in mass. and see what he can do. Wistech built me a great running 467 with close to 57hp. Maybe with fuel and a few tricks 60 might bet possible but i see it is very hard to get 60 so i guess its a long shot lol. I will get pics of my drilled frame, subframe and other parts when i start putting her back together. Thanks guys

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (cannondalemaine @ Dec 5 2010, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks alot for the info, i will get on the phone with my dyno tune guy in mass. and see what he can do. Wistech built me a great running 467 with close to 57hp. Maybe with fuel and a few tricks 60 might bet possible but i see it is very hard to get 60 so i guess its a long shot lol. I will get pics of my drilled frame, subframe and other parts when i start putting her back together. Thanks guys

Gas and duals should put you right there!

cannondalemaine

#7 Post by cannondalemaine »

Have the dual fmf ti definitely will try the gas, thanks steve

cannondalemaine

#8 Post by cannondalemaine »

Found