A question somebodies girlfriend sent me in PM

rayspeed

#1 Post by rayspeed »

So the question was...

So, my boyfriend bought a Cannondale moto for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,000 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and put alot of high performance parts in it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus selling it as is?

Thanks for your opinion!

You want my opinion? Ok???

Shut the heck up. You???re not his wife. You???re not paying for the repairs. It???s absolutely none of your business what he does with his Cannondale or his money. I know your type well??? first it???s ???Sell it because it???s costing too much money.??? Then it???s ???No, you can???t go riding with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping.??? Then it???s ???Oh gee, honey??? I???m pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened.???

You???re a DreamKiller. You kill a guy???s dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, ???How the heck did I get here????

Do you really want to help him? Here???s what you do??? get the cannondale engine manual on cannondaleriders. Read it, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the plastics off??? help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you???re both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect??? perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can???t figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he???s doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go to the nearest cannondale guru, and explain that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice???

Think it won???t work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you???ve got a sister, or girlfriend???)

But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single ???Oooooo, I broke a nail.??? If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.

I dont know where you fall on the one to ten scale but if you follow my advise and stick to it as long as you are with him I promise your number goes up at least two points. I am hoping that you are an eight and this would take you to a ten because really, no man should put up with an attitude such as yours from anyone lower than a six.

Or you could just continue with your current attitude and make him sell it... he will be miserable and miss it and if he has half a brain he will dump you like a bad habit. In the event he does hold on to you instead of the quad he will always remember where the misery started and kick himself for not heeding the signs . Then he will leave you and your kids and enjoy some time of doing whatever he wants while he looks for the girl that encourages his dreams instead of squashing them.

You wanted my opinion and there it is.

I BET YOU TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHOS GIRLFRIEND SENT THIS TO ME..... SEE BELOW... for the answer.

Just pulling your leg... I copied this from a jeep forum and tailered it for us cannondalers. Hope you had a good laugh I sure did.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Shh dont interrupt my dream laugh.gif

cannondalemaine

#3 Post by cannondalemaine »

If that was to happen it would be like heaven but then you probly would wake up from that dream to cold reality, most likely with morning wood.

jinx44

#4 Post by jinx44 »

I read that on JeepForum. I am surprised it stayed up on there, knowing the board. I always go to pirate4x4 for my Jeep questions. It would have been much more raw on that forum.

Dachshund

#5 Post by Dachshund »

As funny as that was, I think that is some very good advise. I can hear Dr. Laura saying most of that.