Legal question .

MX Quad Dad

#31 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Our Banshee was an easy starter. In fact if it didn't fire-up on the second kick we knew we were past our schedule rebuild. Which is probably what your RM needed

I think the ignition box have had major improvements.

Also like the old magneto engines, I think you were just asking for a kick-back when you kicked it over fast. Not sure how many rpm you could get my rm to turn with the kicker, but if you could spin it fast enough that the ignition box thought the engine was running it would advance the timing.

as for the quadzilla, many bikes had number and letter models idenification and a model name. like the TM-400 was "Cyclone" LT230 was quadsport My banshee model is a yfz350l on the bill of sale. maybe zuk didn't keep it as a registered trademark? but the chineese don't abide by the patent laws anyways

and, sorry wisetech for taking this off topic.

pcleiter

#32 Post by pcleiter »

Hey, maybe if someone actually comes after you legally for posting that presentation, maybe they can finally put the story straight on who owns what... wink.gif

When I hear of a company calling itself 'Quadzilla', that just sets me up to dislike them right out of the gate. Quadzilla was an earned title, not just something one can assume on their own. And are those steel framed Dinali's really supposed to be the next evolutionary step for what Cannondale started?!? Good grief.

An interesting presentation though. A time capsule for sure!

marshall100

#33 Post by marshall100 »

What bothers me about everything with Cannondale is that the quads at least should still be being made. I still get people now nearly ten years later who have never clapped eyes on the quad pouring over it. The last person I spoke with was amazed at the size and length of the fuel tank, saying that someone had clearly thought about distributing the weight and lowering the centre of gravity.

It's bad enough that cannondale itself let it go, but to see what's left mistreated, abused almost is pitiful.

Is there any positive news on the highland front?

Brad Oakley

#34 Post by Brad Oakley »

Wow!!! What can I add to this conversation???

First off, Highland is still in negotiations. There are several interested parties with the financial wherewithall to get things up and running again. A professional mergers/acquisitions firm is handling the details. As of yesterday, I was told that things were still moving forward and that a positive conclusion was to be expected shortly.

As far as I can tell, Quadzilla was just a nickname, so if someone wanted to copyright it for their own uses, it could be done.

When I sat down with the owner of Dinli several years ago, he bemoaned the lack of sales in the U.S. market. Dinli sold 4 times as many units in Europe as they did here. He told me he was prepared to shut it down if things didn't improve, About two years later he did just that! Dinli was a fairly high quality machine (As a side note: I have NEVER seen a facility as advanced as the engine production plant that Dinli has in Taiwan!) and had a price-point quite a bit higher than the disposable Chinese machines that flooded our country. But, the public - not knowing the difference - bought the cheaper machines.

If anyone wants to have fun kick-starting something, I have two Zabel/Maico powered super-moto bikes in my warehouse. 700cc engines! I'll be putting them up for sale (along with 6 C-Dale bikes) in the near future. I'll get some pics posted in the next couple of days.

As for the copyright issues.... Unless there is someone actually out there that can come forward and legally state that you are violating their current copy rights, and that it is causing them financial harm or that the statements are libelous, then there is nothing to worry about. At this point in time, we are about as safe as we can be!

WOW!!! I just took a break and watched the presentation, That is quite a find, John. Thanks for getting it to us!!! What a walk down memory lane for me.

MX Quad Dad

#35 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Brad Oakley @ Feb 25 2011, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone wants to have fun kick-starting something, I have two Zabel/Maico powered super-moto bikes in my warehouse. 700cc engines! I'll be putting them up for sale (along with 6 C-Dale bikes) in the near future. I'll get some pics posted in the next couple of days.

BSA victor 500 MX. I watched one toss its 200+ pound rider over the bars. Then watched his girl friend at about 110 pounds fire it up with no problems.

wistech

#36 Post by wistech »

Here the Dinli 450 in action. I think the europeans have a different idea of what an all terrain vehicle is for? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Zc3Wq8-W0...feature=related
Apparently this is a 500 mile ride?

marshall100

#37 Post by marshall100 »

Those front fenders look ridiculous, even from behind!

MX Quad Dad

#38 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I think they were trying to make it look like they needed an all terrain vehical by useing a drunk camera man. lol. it looked like a news clip from detroit when they had a news man ride in a semi through detroit to show how bad the roads were

Kuma

#39 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Brad Oakley @ Feb 25 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow!!! What can I add to this conversation???

Have you put these up yet? I.d like to see them. sorry to get so far off topic but any of those 700cc ATKs around, never saw one up close.

Brad Oakley

#40 Post by Brad Oakley »

Like so many threads here - consider this one hijacked. Wistech won't mind as long as I fire up the grill and throw on the steaks if he ever gets on down to Tulsa to visit (Little Sahara - OK is just two hours West of here!).

These are not ATKs. From what I understand they were brought in from Europe. And, like everything else in this place, they are for sale!!!