Automotive diagnostic software scanner tool?

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

So my old scan tool is pretty much obsolete and the company wont pay for a new one because we only have a few ford and chevy vehicles. We have mostly the stuff for cummins and international engines. I was thinking of dumping some cash on a basic OBD2 scanner but then I came across this on ebay . http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
A wireless bluetooth setup with free software for my laptop for a fraction of the cost of a scan tool? Am I dreaming? Anybody ever used anything like this?

haulinit

#2 Post by haulinit »

Sounds like you can do the basic stuff with it. For that price if it dosent work well then its a cheap lesson learned.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

I uploaded the software and it works with vista. The adapter should be soon.

haulinit

#4 Post by haulinit »

I run EFIlive tuning software, when I upgraded laptops I was worried about it interfacing with vista I had read bad things about. Hopes it works out good for you biggrin.gif

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

My cannondale laptops have xp on them so i will throw it on those.

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

Keep us updated if it works out.

On a side note, I use AutoEnginuity with the Ford expansion pack for my diesel. It is a generic scanner and with the addition of vehicle make expansion packs is a full code scanner, data logger and can see anything the ECU sees.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

I was looking into those . What I would like to do is the injector disable test but I dont think that software is available through anyone but the ford program?

rayspeed

#8 Post by rayspeed »

Yeah lemme know how that works out for thirty bucks... if it works like it says it is well worth it.

Dachshund

#9 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 23 2011, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was looking into those . What I would like to do is the injector disable test but I dont think that software is available through anyone but the ford program?

I can do an injector buzz test and also a cylinder contribution test but I can't individually shut off injectors as far as I know.

Here is a fellow who says he can shut off each injector with his AutoEnginuity on his Cummins. Also there are a couple of other OBD2 tools they say do that. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-...can-tool-2.html

haulinit

#10 Post by haulinit »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 22 2011, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can control each injector on/off do, and watch injector balance rates. To bad it is only for GM but is coming out with some Cummins support.