Ducati Hypermotard

BlackToothGrin

#1 Post by BlackToothGrin »

Supposedly there is this Ducati for sale in St. George, Utah. It's a 2008 Hypermotard 1100. I say "supposedly" because the price is to good to be true. He said in his first email back to me "about payment, I'd only use eBay Vehicle Protection Program so we're both protected." But the bike isn't listed on eBay which can indacate a scam. You can only get that protection if the vehicle was "won" on eBay as a listed item. Also, it has Ohio plates which seemed weird cause it's in Utah. Does anyone live near St. George, Utah? It's in the south western most part of the state by Nevada and Arizona borders. I may have to contract someone, if there's anybody willing and able, to check the bike out for me because I'm in New Jersey. Not expecting a great deal of knowledge about Ducati's. Just knowledge about bikes in general. We can talk details about the inspection if this guy responds back a second time and agrees. We'll see.

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

That's a common Craigslist scam. Ebay actually sent out a notice to members recently about sellers claiming they can use Ebay buyer protection. May not be a scam, but more often than not it is.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Just ask them if you can come out and look at it tommorrow. If they say sure and give an address then its most likely real.

BlackToothGrin

#4 Post by BlackToothGrin »

I'm hoping it's real. I asked him for the vin and more pics but the guy hasn't responded yet.

puggi

#5 Post by puggi »

I live 20 minutes from St. George, UT. I didn't see the craigslist posting for the Ducati and I check the motorcycle posts at least twice daily. The listing was probably flagged as soon as someone with any bike knowledge saw it.

BlackToothGrin

#6 Post by BlackToothGrin »

QUOTE (puggi @ Jul 7 2011, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live 20 minutes from St. George, UT. I didn't see the craigslist posting for the Ducati and I check the motorcycle posts at least twice daily. The listing was probably flagged as soon as someone with any bike knowledge saw it.

I found a site, motorcycles.yakaz.com, that lists all the bikes for sale that you're searching. It links you to the site and page it's listed on. Wether it's on eBay, craigslist, motorcycle trader, or wherever. This particular bike was on a site called stumblehere.com. He's asking $2900 and that's including shipping! Sounds too good to be true, right? Probably cause is. If by some small chance this turns out to be legit, could you check the bike out for me? Of course it would be at your convenience and I will pay you for your time and effort.

BlackToothGrin

#7 Post by BlackToothGrin »

So I asked the guy what's up with the bike and if I could come and see it. He said the bike is already crated up and sitting at the shipping yard in Denver, Colorado waiting to be shipped. Yeah right! He also said to send him my full name and address and he'll send the info to eBay cause he has a contract with them and eBay will send me an invoice. It doesn't work that way! So much for that.