Anymore news on the highland 450

cannondale32

#1 Post by cannondale32 »

Just wondering if there's any more news about these quads ? Thanks

marshall100

#2 Post by marshall100 »

Not going to happen I think? Since the highland guys perished, the quad went with them. I've been keeping an eye on what was left of the highland forum and the last I seem to recall was that most things left over were auctioned off. I could be, and really would love to be wrong.

As I've posted on here a couple of times, there seems to be a very lazy attitude in europe to quads. It's no wonder people buy Japanese, the europeans simply cannot be bothered (I'm talking about you gasgas, and suspect the same could be said of KTM) and yet for my cannondale which hasn't been made for nearly ten years, parts are not a problem AND I live in the UK!!

Having said that, it says on their website that bike orders will start processing in April 2012......

cannondale32

#3 Post by cannondale32 »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Oct 10 2011, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not going to happen I think? Since the highland guys perished, the quad went with them. I've been keeping an eye on what was left of the highland forum and the last I seem to recall was that most things left over were auctioned off. I could be, and really would love to be wrong.

As I've posted on here a couple of times, there seems to be a very lazy attitude in europe to quads. It's no wonder people buy Japanese, the europeans simply cannot be bothered (I'm talking about you gasgas, and suspect the same could be said of KTM) and yet for my cannondale which hasn't been made for nearly ten years, parts are not a problem AND I live in the UK!!

Having said that, it says on their website that bike orders will start processing in April 2012......

I hope your wrong too I would love to see it made, Let me know if you hear anymore, thanks

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Looks like they got something cooking.
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/us...hln-1570286.htm

Doesnt look bike or quad related.

who_gives_a6

#5 Post by who_gives_a6 »

They're mainly focused on getting the engines in another manufactures chassis. I was hearing about them shopping around with companies to get the engines in production. Can-Am was a rumor I read somewhere as an interested party, but you all know how rumors are.

cannondale32

#6 Post by cannondale32 »

Ya I was on there website and they were selling the motors and could be custom made to fit any frame you wanted, but it does show the quad and all the models of the dirtbikes.

marshall100

#7 Post by marshall100 »

So a replacement engine for our bikes perhaps?

ScramblerXLE

#8 Post by ScramblerXLE »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Oct 14 2011, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So a replacement engine for our bikes perhaps?

Not without lots of modifications... UNLESS we can get them to put the head on backwards...? Might be possible...

marshall100

#9 Post by marshall100 »

That's not as easy as it sounds is it?

Brad Oakley

#10 Post by Brad Oakley »

As a former manager with Highland...

The new management team is ramping things up to start engine production. They plan to find niche markets that need small runs of high-performance engines. They apparently have more engine designs lined up than just the original 450 and 950cc Highlands. It'll be interesting to see where they go!

As for stuffing a Highland into your quad... It has to be noted that they cannot sell engines directly to the public, so however it happens, there will be a dealer of some sort between you and Highland. We'll just have to wait and see what their plans are. Hopefully we'll have a way to get some of those engines (the 507cc version kicks butt in a quad!!!) into our chassis.