Hey everyone

protrax

#1 Post by protrax »

Hey Guys Just wanted to say hello I am new on here, but have been a member on atvriders since 04
I just picked up a Walsh 440 cannondale all set up
so I wanted to introduce myself biggrin.gif
Alan

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Welcome Alan! Have fun and do some reading to learn all of the tricks to the Dale. You will be rewarded with a very fast quad!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Good to have you! Hope we hear how a ProTrax front end feels on a Dale!

speedfreek

#4 Post by speedfreek »

Welcome to the C-Dale family.

2000ex

#5 Post by 2000ex »

Oh boy, this guy has a Dale now rolleyes.gif

protrax

#6 Post by protrax »

Thanks Guys
Oh and 2000ex is that Wes trying to sling some ha ha ha you better bring a better game to hamilton than that tongue.gif
isn't that were you ended up before all talk with no wins under ur belt LOL bring it

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

I ended up with a separated shoulder and a few bruised ribs thanks to the promoters incompetence and his idea of safety. One and done for me on the ice last season. Guys being allowed to race with no goggles or eye protection, then sending out waayyyy too many machines out on the track as in 8 when it was dangerous with 4 was enough for this guy.

Alan is a seasoned pro at ice racing and has some sick laeger machines. Welcome to the misfit crew!

If you need parts you know where to find me

protrax

#8 Post by protrax »

Wow I didn't know you got hurt , sorry to hear that man I agree though the AM racing is super dangerous but then again thats racing risking your neck for glory lol. Hope to see you out this winter .

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

Yup, it was the first race of the season last year.

The one where track was like half the size of an indoor hockey rink. That dimwit promoter says in the riders meeting all he is concerned about is the safety at his events (sure after Vescovi died at the last event he promoted in 2005) The guy lined up next to me has NO GOGGLES. Our "safety first" promoter is getting ready to flag us out there and noticed that said rider had no eye protection. He hemmed and hawed about it and was like oh well go ahead! Lets see ice shards, screws, and potential for him to go blind and or cannot see others causing accidents eeh no problem let him race. Any other sane person would have just said get off the track. It was borderline tight with the 4 guys in the heat which I won.

Then for the main I am in the front line and I look back to see them lining up a 2nd row of machines behind us. I knew that would not be good and I was right. Took the holeshot and sure enough around turn 2 the guy behind me clipped my rear tire sending me sideways into the inside 2 ft snowbank sending me cartwheeling. I was lucky to just have those injuries and was not run over by the pack of bikes. They red flagged it and we started over and managed to run safe for that race that was like bumper cars and yellow flags.

If that same moron is promoting with the same track as last year I will not be back. I am all for fast fun racing, but when it is dangerous to even be out there because of how they set it up...I am all set with that.

Hopefully it will change.

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I wonder if you guys got our faircross promoter