Hey everyone

protrax

#11 Post by protrax »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Dec 21 2011, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if you guys got our faircross promoter

what was there name lol

MX Quad Dad

#12 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Boy,,,,,,,,,,, I don't know if I would have anything with the name on it. WE don't even go to the MX race at our fair anymore. The last one my son went to (as a spectator) they sent so many riders to the hospital that the rumor was the hospital ER asked them to start sending some to the other hospital. My son quit racing them because he felt they weren't safe but, went because some friends raced. He said it was bad enough that there were so many wrecks but, it was like the spectators were cheering when there was a big wreck.

I know racing is dangerous, but when there is a bad wreck after bad wreck in the same spot. I would say the track design is bad. I've always call the jumps at fair-crosses "wall jumps". mainly because they don't have a lot of material or time to make them right. The riders get a lot of altitude but not much distance and this makes the need to get the timing right and little room for error. I believe AMA requires track width at the top of the jumps to be at least 20' which I believe is too narrow for quads, especially the first few jumps at the start. This guy would have been lucky to have 20' at the base.