Few Pics From First Track Ride

who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Sorry for poor Quality/low amount. Forgot camera and used a phone. Took a ton but most were bad. First time on the newly built 467 Timbofied. This engine has been ripped apart twice since 2009 due to previous owners stupidity and then my stupidity not checking the one way bearing. Thanks to all the guys here, C27, Wistech, Boomer, Timbo, and countless others that helped out, it finally screams. Completely outperforms my KTM I had, originally owned by pro rider Kody Evans with a Dasa build.

Quad's running CP 97mm, stroked crank, Timbo ported head/throttle body, Cyclone, 108/106 cam timing, full HMF but have duals going on soon, steel/alum pump gears, all updates, running 91/110 mixture, etc.
ASR front end with Fox shocks, TCS rear shock, Moto axle, OMF shrouds, X-Factor nerfs, Hipers, Pirelli tires, Tag bars, Ohlins stabilizer, headlight deletes, cut down seat foam, a few dress up engine covers, and probably a few more things. Will get some basic shots or it sometime.

It's scary fast and a wheelie monster even with 15/38 gearing. I just wish it didn't bruise my knees up riding it! Haha. Pics shown are one coming out of a corner, then two of "the big one". No quads do that jump except when Quadcross is held there. Out of about 30 dirtbikes today, only two hit it. One of which was pro rider Cole Seely. I dont know the length but talking with a few people they varied it from 100-130ft lip to landing. This quad makes me feel very confident and is smooth as can be. Love the Fox shocks!

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

Nice pictures! Looks fun, definitely getting some serious air there.

marshall100

#3 Post by marshall100 »

Awesome.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

allways nice to hear when someone is happy with their dale. The knee brusing seems to go away the more you ride or you just stop noticing it. I know these ting are wide but, I think if you could just get rid of those groves from the (air scoops?) would make it a lot better.

marshall100

#5 Post by marshall100 »

I wear massive knee pads having learned the hard way exactly what the bike will do to you if you don't. I'll now jab my knee right into it on cornering.

I know I've certainly wondered what the grass is like on the other side, but when you go out and spank oher riders with more experience on newer equipment, you stop wondering....for a while. The other advantage is that I know my bike, exceptionally well. I know when it's not right and usually what to do about it. Despite it's age it's also no less reliable than any other quad I've encountered, apart from a nearly new can am ds450 which I've not only beaten several times but hardly seen it take the flag.

Would love to get a decent engine ready to go in my race bike, but it's a logistical nightmare, let alone the cost.

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Dec 17 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wear massive knee pads having learned the hard way exactly what the bike will do to you if you don't. I'll now jab my knee right into it on cornering.

I know I've certainly wondered what the grass is like on the other side, but when you go out and spank oher riders with more experience on newer equipment, you stop wondering....for a while. The other advantage is that I know my bike, exceptionally well. I know when it's not right and usually what to do about it. Despite it's age it's also no less reliable than any other quad I've encountered, apart from a nearly new can am ds450 which I've not only beaten several times but hardly seen it take the flag.

Would love to get a decent engine ready to go in my race bike, but it's a logistical nightmare, let alone the cost.

Agreed, I raced XC for 4 years and my Cannondales were definitely not any less reliable than any other machine on the track. EVERY DNF I had was from problems that anybody could have, such as bad carrier bearings, flat tire, broken parts from abuse, but never a Cannondale problem. I wouldn't trade my Dales for any other quad, for a brand new Can Am you could have a fleet of Cannondales.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

Great pics,dirt looks nice,where is the track located.My knees get to me also,I would love to try a Dale with a 250r kit.The 467 is a awesome engine!

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Track is in Anza, CA on Cahuilla Creek Indian Reservation. About 50% sand so robs power pretty bad but the 467 engine can clear everything on the track.

marshall100

#9 Post by marshall100 »

I got to get me a rebuilt dale engine from the states......

protrax

#10 Post by protrax »

dude that track looks awesome